Ugly Betty Grant Bowler Sings Praises For Ugly Betty Cast!

waichingliu81 posted on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:49AM
Grant Bowler Loves The Ugly Betty Cast
September 9, 2009 by Tom
Leave a Comment
Grant Bowler, surprisingly (at least to me) coming back for the fourth season of Ugly Betty, says he has never seen anything like the cast of Ugly Betty.

‘‘The Betty guys are amazing. I just love them,” he says.

Bowler says the cast is the most ‘‘non-diva” crew he’s ever met. No one gets special treatment.

He adds, ‘‘Everyone in the Ugly Betty cast I have so much respect for, and that’s not kind of Hollywood talk. These guys consider themselves to be a bunch of East Coast theatre geeks who got lucky.

‘‘They have dinner together. They dance together. They hang out together. Everybody is over everybody else’s house at weekends. Amazing. I’ve never worked with a cast like it anywhere.”

That has got to be the best characterization of the Ugly Betty cast I’ve ever seen: East Coast theatre geeks who got lucky. This is why they are such a fun group to write about (although that means there aren’t many juicy gossip stories like there would be with a more typical Hollywood cast).

Bowler also talked about his Australian show “Border Security”, and how he’s been caught up in our world’s heightened security atmosphere.

“I get stopped all the time,” he says. ‘‘I went through a run in the States when for two or three years every time I went in they put me through the secondary inspection process — stuck me in a little room and wanted to know what I was doing.

‘‘I just sat there and smiled benignly. I mean, you’re grumpy after 12 or 14 hours on a plane . . . I can’t afford to be grumpy or the guy who kicks up a fuss at the airport. I have to sit there with a stupid grin and tolerate them.”

Bowler also stars in the New Zealand show Outrageous Fortune.

link

link

Ugly Betty No antwoorden