Bangel vs Spuffy Why did Joyce (Buffy's Mom) .....

mandapanda posted on Apr 27, 2008 at 03:37AM
Just out of curiosity,
Why did Joyce Summers dislike Angel? Was is it because they got on the wrong foot in episode 7 of season 1. He was at Buffy's house late, and her mother came home... yada yada. Or, was it because he turned into Angelus then returned, but the show didn't show Buffy telling her what happened with Angel. I wonder what it was...?

Share your opinion, and maybe there'll be a couple debates as well.. :D

Bangel vs Spuffy 6 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden nosemuffin said…
At first I think she thought he was a little too old for her, but that was before she knew that Buffy was the slayer. After that, I don't think she ever forgave Angel for being Angelus.
een jaar geleden ArabellaElfie said…
Going pretty much with Nose on this. At first he was too old for her daughter, then she was the Slayer and he was the Vampire that drove a wedge even more between them. Also, who can forget the fact that he brought up the sex.

Angel as Angelus hurt Buffy in season 2 and Joyce can't separate the two.
een jaar geleden mandapanda said…
not the idea of the sex, but Angelus told Joyce that they made love to piss her off... and to get Buffy into trouble with her mom... But i think Joyce knew that Angel loved her... thats why she asked Angel to do whats right for Buffy if Buffy couldnt make the right decision, being blinded by love...
I think that came after the entire Angelus incident. Most likely in Earshot. It wasn't until three that I think Joyce believed that there were major feelings. I'll go with you on the blinded by love thing but I'll also chalk some of it up to exploring options.
een jaar geleden amazondebs said…
she's a mum they're meant to hate the mysterious brooding guy that goes out with their daughter, i love how her and spike always get along, that has nothing to do with me being a spuffy fan i just think it's funny and really sweet
Right with you Deb, the older broody guy making eyes at your daughter late at night when they were alone? Not a mommy's happy thoughts. Spike had a completely different relationship because he was up front and very polite. Spike also didn't really play dirty. He never went after Joyce or Dawn. There is a respect there