Fanpop Fanpop e-mail alerts!

dave posted on Nov 06, 2007 at 02:13AM
Hey All You Hard-Core Fanpoppers!

I just wanted to let you all know about a new feature we soft-launched last week. We're allowing users to set up e-mail alerts for Fanpop from their user profile edit pages now. You can now get alerts from Fanpop sent to your e-mail for when:
- Someone comments on your content
- Someone responds to your forums
- Someone adds you to your fan list
- Someone sends you a new message

I've been testing it out and I LOVE it! Since I have so much stuff on the site, it's even more helpful than my updates because it updates me in real-time! I love getting the alerts because it keeps me even more in touch with all of you Fanpoppers (as if I wasn't connected enough to Fanpop!). So please check out your "Edit Profile" page and check the boxes for our hot new Fanpop alerts:
link

Dave

PS - Don't blame me if you get even more addicted to Fanpop! :)

Fanpop 7 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden JulieL44 said…
Cool! That sounds like a good idea! I'll try it out for sure. Haha I don't think it's really possible for me to get more addicted to Fanpop!
een jaar geleden Temptasia said…
Awesome! I am excited about this. Thanks for letting us know; you are awesome Dave!
een jaar geleden DrDevience said…
I have right now over 1,000 emails sitting in my gmail account that I haven't had time to get caught up with.

I blame Fanpop. HA!

I'll try the new feature when I do some house cleaning....
een jaar geleden PkmnTrainerJ said…
I tried it and my Inbox exploded. Cool feature, but I'm sticking to the My Updates
een jaar geleden Saphira333 said…
thanks for that! :)
een jaar geleden cliff said…
Yeah, you power-users may want to be careful with the comments and forums alerts as some of your contributions may get a LOT of traffic and end up generating a good number of emails.

The fan list and private message alerts should be pretty useful to everyone, though.
een jaar geleden TheCountess said…
Thanks! These really are nice features.
The only problem I have when I open my emails, is when I see something from Fanpop, I usually want to look there first. I have to force myself to respond to other emails and do some job hunting first. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to do that. I'm definately addicted to Fanpop!