H2O Just Add Water WARNING: Before u buy the German lockets on Ebay

beckstar posted on Nov 29, 2011 at 09:33AM
First of all, I'm not trying to influence anyone on what they should or should not do. It is is entirely up to you. I'm just going to tell everyone what you should be aware of if you intend on purchasing one of the lockets on Ebay as I have purchased one myself and also have opened the packet and stuck a pic of one of the H2O girls in and wore it for a couple hours inside the home (haven't worn out yet). This is also NOT to diss any of the sellers on Ebay, I'm sure they are NOT intending to disappoint anyone. I'm doing this to warn you avid H2O fans like I am if you are expecting something as amazing as it looks. All H2O Fans want one of the lockets and I was no exception. I've been wanting one since 2008

The seller will not mention everything about the locket to you as they have probably never opened a packet themselves or used one. They should tell you about the locket and the quality of it if you ask. I did not ask the seller about the quality, but I sent them a message about the colours of the moodstone and they told me about it being 'costume jewellery' (more on this later). So always ASK first! They will not tell you themselves. If they don't answer, they are not worth dealing with. The best traders I've dealt with ANYWHERE are always HONEST. I've dealt with quite a few of dishonest traders who don't tell you about something wrong with the item. Don't feel forced to leave good feedback on them even if the locket is ok itself , if they have deceived you in some way you shouldn't feel obliged to lie. I'm tired of leaving nice feeback on people because I'm scared of telling them I felt deceived.

About the Locket I bought:
I bought mine off Ebay. I was instantly attracted to the locket as it appeared well-made, looked like it had a long chain and also seemed to be pretty good quality. It also has German writing on the packet and being from a strong German background, I've always being told 'German Stuff is Better'. Maybe not ALL stuff.
I knew the gem wouldn't be real, mood stones aren't real gems. I thought it was made out of genuinely good metal even though I knew it wasn't precious metal. The packet also looked pretty and I was attacted to the cute pics you could put in of the girls! I also saw photos of the locket where the mood stone has been red, purple and different sorts of colours and this lured me in even more (I've always loved moodstones). I bought mine for about $110 including shipping as it was from overseas. I thought it was very pricey for something they told me was 'costume jewellery', but I thought it would be worth it as it looked like it would be an exception to the standard 'Costume Jewellery'. I should've listened to this and not bought it. They also told me it was 'rare', why so many on Ebay all the time then?

When I opened it and received it:
Upon receiving it, I was happy. It looked just like the pic. Mum opened up the packet for me and gave me the locket. I was rather disappointed. The chain isn't very long at all as I thought. Also, the bag it includes with the necklace is mighty tacky..you can't even close it properly and it's made of a cheap felt-like material and it has a weird way of how it is supposed to shut. The chain is also something very 'basic' to say the least. I've seen better chains in a $2 store! I didn't expect it to be that bad really..
I opened the locket and I wasn't TOO disappointed.. There was a sign of it being cheaply made apart from the chain, inside the locket it had some marks on the metal like it wasn't made properly, also the locket stratches EASILY. I just got it and I see scratches on it already! Otherwise I was still ok with it, but I still think it isn't worth anything higher than $20, not even that...rare or not!

On the term 'Costume Jewellery', this basically means it's cheaply made for children. Sort of like the necklaces you get in cheap lootbags or at bargain stores.

The moodstone is also supposed to change different colours based on temperature. Mine has only gone a light blue colour a couple times, a light green once and a purple for a while. I won't be too quick to judge on this on this and I will give it time to see if it will change to other colours like in other photos I've seen.

The mini pictures of the girls fell out of the packet and I was excited to try one out. They are shaped weirdly as they are intended to fit inside the locket (it's not circular inside)
See here: link
Or this link if that link doesn't work. Check out the inside pic of the locket
link
The photo has to go around that part to the right as you can see. The locket has a pin sort of thing you stick in that hole to close it. I think that's different to how it is on the show? I'm not sure how the Girls lockets are like on the show and how they close.

WHAT REALLY UPSET ME AND MADE ME WANT MY MONEY BACK:
I thought I'd try one of the pics included and put it in the locket, I did NOT notice any glue stuck at the back of the photos of the girls or anywhere inside the locket. I chose Rikki just out of chance to try out what it would look like inside the locket.

I was enjoying wearing the locket and suddenly thought I'd try and get the picture out and try something else. Well well well...that was what really got me upset. I could NOT get the pic of Rikki out! I tipped it upside down, picked at the side of the picture and it didn't seem to budge. I asked mum and she had a go and damaged the photo trying to get it out! She said it's stuck down with GLUE! Where the heck the glue came from I have no idea..I could only only presume there was glue there?
I did NOT stick any glue on it or see any glue visable at the back of the locket. The Rikki pic is now stuck there for good. Luckily I put her there and not Bella, who I am not fond of.

LUCKILY later I could unstick it, there was no glue, it was just firmly stuck in there. Be warned about this, it's difficult to get a picture out

I also had a problem with the chain getting stuck in my hair and we had to rip a bit of my hair out to get it out from the chain, which has always happened to me with cheap chain jewellery. The way you fasten the locket is also very 'fiddly', it's one of those fasteners where you push a little tab like thing and it opens a circle. I have always struggled and hurt my fingers with these sort of fasteners as you have to be strong with it keep it open! It's much harder when you put it around your neck at the back and you can't see what you are doing. It hurts me more because I have short fingernails, my mum has long fingernails so she didn't have much pain trying to open the fastener.

Here are some photos from a seller of the inside of the locket. These photos give a pretty good indicator of the bag quality and quality of the chain. But I thought mine was worse than these photos. I've posted the link to this earlier. I think all sellers should take these sort of photos.
link

There is a photo below of the actual lockets for sale.

If you still want to buy one and don't mind the downsides of the lockets and quality, go for it! Just don't expect it to be 'fantastic' like it looks like. It IS official licensed merchandise, but that does NOT mean BRANDED is BETTER. For something licensed you really expect better don't you?

People seem to be fine with the lockets on Ebay, all good reviews. But I wonder if these people have opened them up and actually USED them or tried to stick a pic in? Or maybe they are Christmas gifts for their daughters or for gifts for other little girls they know?

Maybe the stuck in pic is not with glue, but it's stuck down really bad and nothing we have tried can remove the pic. I don't exactly like having a locket that I can't stick any other pic in apart from having Rikki stuck in there for good with stratches on her face from trying to remove her.

If there really is glue at the back of the locket, make sure the pic you put in there you really want there.

I wonder how such a 'rare' item I'm told is all over Ebay? Maybe they weren't selling too well because of this actual problem? Maybe only 200 were made, but I don't really class that as 'rare' really. To me 'rare' means like 1-20 only made.

Yeah, just be careful H2O Fans. Sometimes what looks nice doesn't mean it is good quality or really fantastic at all.

I think these necklaces are only targeted at very small children. If you were to stick in a pic of your boyfriend and you broke up, you'd be stuck with a pic of him in there!
 First of all, I'm not trying to influence anyone on what they should of should not do. It is is entir
last edited on Nov 30, 2011 at 01:00AM

H2O Just Add Water No antwoorden