Fanpop Users A Bit Of Spot Advice

amazondebs posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 01:47PM
Okay, straight to the point, personally i think the best content on fanpop is that done by fanpoppers, however 99% of content on fanpop is from other sites by other people.
It would be nice to be able to view and rate and discuss all the content that was just by fanpoppers.
Now there are spots like photoshop or photography but even they are filled with work by other artist, or what about when something doesn't specifically fit in to one of those spots or what about i dunno.....a fan made a really beautiful artful wallpaper for heroes? It would just get buried underneath other wallpapers and only heroes fans would be able to view it, and if you appreciate fan art or computer made art, then it won't matter what the subject is, it would be nice to view it and discuss it with the person who actually made it. or even what about art that has no specific subject?

Getting the actual point is there a spot somewhere where fans could just strictly put work by them, any work whatever it may be,
or if i were to make such a spot what would be a appropriate title and is anyone else interested because I don't want to start this if no one else is interested
last edited on Sep 24, 2008 at 08:22PM

Fanpop Users 20 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden amazondebs said…
share tips and programs or ideas for stuff as well just thought i would add that

what about fanpopper's creative work spot? naa that sounds naff *Sigh*
een jaar geleden ShadowFlame said…
aside from your terrible grammar and punctuation in the forum, i'd say you've got something going for you. but, could they submit stuff that done by themselves here?
yeah sorry about that i should go try and edit it shouldn't i?

submit it where? here as in the forum? because that could get confusing with links everywhere and people wanting to comment on stuff and share tips and advice, i would be nice to be able to make picks and discuss stuff in forums too, also i presume people would have a ton of stuff they have already made that would want to share

or do you mean here in the users spot because that would be a definite no no, it would just get too crowded and some fans would report stuff as miscategorized and just.....well you get the picture

but thankyou for being supportive and taking a interest i know i only submitted this hours ago but new ideas are normally pounced on straight away......or at least the good ones are.....hmmm
last edited een jaar geleden
okay tried to edit in some grammar.....failed but it looks a little better, sorry
een jaar geleden Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Ok first of all this is a forum, not an english exam so the grammar is unimportant.
Second-Good plan. I always miss the icons Jen has made in the Himym spot because she adds ones made by other users and to be honest, most of them I don't care about so I think it would be nice to have a fanpoppers only spot for artsy crap.
Name: Unless you want to name it "Fanpoppers only spot for artsy crap" then i suggest you do that yourself =D
een jaar geleden claire-aka-bob said…
hehe lol saul :P
i still think we should ask someone else for the name lol ♥
where's carly or gerley or someone we need someone good with words.....

well grammar arguement kinda irrelevant here but if i want people to understand me then shadow is right i should at least try and write properly even if my grammar is shaky at best lol

anyways yup the jen thing is exactly what i am getting at i have never seen a icon made by her in that spot and yet i have viewed loads submitted by her

yeah i am really stuck for a name the only ones i can think of are names that are miles long i supose a abbreviation could work? like knifey did with the atsof

what about being clever and making a good abbreviation from art or creative or something.....then again it would be good to have the word fanpoppers or fanpop user in it oh what about faart, fanpoppers art and random talent spot, oh ha ha ha i'm so immature
Faart *Sniggers*
fanpopper's ceative work spot
fanpop users artistic expression spot
anything made by fanpoppers
any kind of art from any fan (akoafaf ha ha ha funny word)

*Sigh*
een jaar geleden nosemuffin said…
Great idea Debs! I know what you mean about things getting buried. I'm hardly an "artist" but I have made and submitted a few items myself (yes, primarily Buffy related) and they generally get almost totally overlooked. And while I appreciate that the subject matter is so popular that there are constantly new submissions, it is a little bit disappointing when you've gone to the trouble to make something yourself and it gets totally buried by artworks from people that you don't actually ever speak with on Fanpop.

And for that matter, when I do stumble across something here on Fanpop that's actually made by another Fanpopper, I am always way more impressed.

So, you want a name... I have a few ideas, nothing fantastic.

Fanpopper Submissions
Fan Soup
Fanpopper Buffet
The Fanpop Collection
The Fan Gallery
een jaar geleden ArabellaElfie said…
Sorry it took me super long to respond but count me in. Hmmm, we need a name.....

The Fanpoperllery
Fanspressions

ok, apparently I am in a shipping mood as both of those are just words mashed together (Fanpop + Gallery and Fans +expressions) so I will leave it to the more talented among us.
een jaar geleden TheCountess said…
What about something like Fanpoppers ONLY ?
... a place for Fanpoppers to share their creations
wow we have actual ideas!

ooooo i quite like fan soup or fanspressions or fanpopper submissions is fairly straight to the point, i want to stay away from the word gallery because fan vids or anything are welcome although i do suspect most will be fan art :)
een jaar geleden Snerkie said…
Hmm...yes. Good idea, i would like to show off stuff like my photography but i don't call myself in any way a pro photographer so i'd rather back away from posting stuff in the photography spot :\ and i'd like to brag about the greatest of my wrestling photos but i just want to brag XD lol.

Ladies, think of something :P i got nothing. Oh and looking just at "Fan Soup" i will admit i would not understand what i could put there and thing it's about soup made with fans or people that are fans of soup, just little hint.
right guys i finally decided on fanpressions :)
link

but if you dislike the name there's a forum about it and there's also a article about the spot incase anyone is still unclear on stuff :)
een jaar geleden antitheft said…
I think this idea sounds like just another way for all the fanpoppers to steal the artwork of talented artists. It is becoming more apparent every day that fanpoppers have no respect for an artist's work and they have no problem claiming it as theirs or not giving credit when credit is due.
Hey antitheft-Give us a for example. I have rarely seen someone claiming someone else's work as their own on fanpop.
een jaar geleden antitheft said…
Well most them do not give credit if they aren't claiming it as their own. They steal it from fanart sites and post it here, without the fanart's permission and without a link back to the original site. It is rude, disrespectful, and just plain annoying.
yeah i know fanpop users arn't 100% with correct crediting but try and are very respectful
i have only ever seen one example of someone claiming work as their own and it was screen captures from a tv show
i have never seen a fanpopper claim someone's art as their own

i can assure you 100% of everything i upload on this spot will be mine and since it was my idea i can garentee theft was the last thing on my mine, i wanted a place to share art and theft will not be tolerated if they are caught
now why don't you go express your opinion somewhere else because it has nothing to do with this spot idea and while your at it why not try and be more polite and make less statements that blanket the fanpop community, which 90% of this comunity if you bother to look are polite and respectful
een jaar geleden Snerkie said…
Also it is quite easy to catch people out when they're claiming things as their own. If they have posted a bulk amount (and that can just mean 3 images) of artwork and they're different styles all you really need to do 95% of the time is just pop over to deviantart, do a little search on the subject and you will more than likely find the stuff there (and then you can just look at username and locations)