Huddy Contest made for You!

house_whatelse posted on Nov 09, 2008 at 02:46AM
Right now I am an ubiased opinion on shipping and I have sources who back me up on that. So I thought it would be great if the ships have a campaigning contest. Basically you all give reasons why someone who is undecided who wants to ship ONE ship should ship this ship. At the end I will decide who was most convincing group of people, that doesn't mean I'll start shipping though.

RULES
1. Only POSITIVE comments are to be made- only say good things about your ship on your forum. No bashing of other ships at anytime and no showing how they wouldn't work.

PUNISHMENT- If I were to see any bashing of any ships on their forum or on yours I will YANK this contest off as soon as I seen it and the contest will immediately end.

PRIZE- Besides knowing your group did the best at campaigning which doesn't mean your ship is the best it just means you did the best at campaigning, the sole person that I thought had the best comment that pushed the undecided person over the edge will get props.

Lastly, people this is not meant to be taken as a serious thing, it's just a little fun contest people will have fun doing. I'm making things clear right now, Bashing and Fighting = Unhappy HW and unhappy HW isn't always the best thing. So ABSOLUTELY NO BASHING!

Huddy 230 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 230

een jaar geleden HuddyCrazy1331 said…
Yayyy!!! You have awesome ideas HW!!! LOL, the last part xDDD
een jaar geleden PotterGal said…
Okay, so you want to know why you should ship Huddy. Gosh, WHERE IN THE WORLD do i even start?

House and Cuddy compliment each other. They are able to match wits with each other, they keep each other on their toes and they always challenge each other to keep on going. If House ever got into a relationship i feel that it would have to be with someone who would not bend over for his every whim. House likes puzzles, challenges, games. With Cuddy he is able to get all of those things with the added bonus of her not being the kind of woman who will ever give in to all his crap. I don't think that House would like being in a relationship with a woman who would just simply adore him and nothing else. As we have seen before - with Stacy (who i think is similar to Cuddy in this aspect) - House prefers strong, confident woman who are not afraid to stand up to him. Cuddy is perfect for him in this aspect.

Then there is the fact of how long they have known each other, how far the mutual trust and respect they have for each other has grown over the years and how they both seem to subconciously recginise how important they are to each other. House and Cuddy have known each other for AT LEAST 20-25 years already - Lisa E having stated that they had "one good night of hot loving" back when they were in college. So, basically, Cuddy is the woman of House's life - the one woman he has been able to keep the longest kind of relationship with in his life. And on a more shallow note, that one night they had together must have been HOT or House would really not keep obsessing and talking about Cuddy's body in nearly every episode years and years later.
Having known each other for such a long amount of time would gaurantee that House - who does not trust people easily - has broken down the walls around him a bit when it comes to Cuddy. I think this a big step for House. After being hurt by Stacy he is wary of letting any woman close to his heart again and i think right now the one who is closest to doing so is Cuddy.

Cuddy doesn't seem to have any friends or social life. To a certain extent, i feel she is even more miserable than House. They need each other. Both of them are alone and hurting. When Cuddy decided to try and have a child through IVF the person she turned to - the ONLY ONE person she thought she could trust with her secret - was House. And he surprised all of us by complying to her wishes and not telling anyone about what she was doing, not even Wilson. I felt that this was a big eye-opener into the relationship that House and Cuddy have. House has never done such a thing for a person before and i think it was around that time in Season 2 when we first started to see just how much House felt for Cuddy. House and Cuddy really seem to have some kind of desperate longing for each other - which was really demonstrated in the way in which they kissed in "Joy" as it was so filled with need and desire - but i feel that they are holding back for several reasons: both of them are damaged goods, the two of them afraid of entering a relationship in which they could get hurt. Cuddy especially seems desperate for some kind of human contact and yet she is unable to find love in her life. The both of them are just made for each other. They can help each other heal.

And then there is the chemistry they have. It sparkles, it cracks, it EXPLODES. They can make ANY scene interesting to watch with their snarky banter and innuendo. They seem to have no regards for each other's personal space one of the most apparent scenes to back up this statement being in "Mirror Mirror" when they come up to each other in the hallway arguing and are practically chest to chest, neither one backing down. It's just wonderful to watch the two of them dance around each other, each one somehow subconciously knowing the extent to which they care for each other and yet not openly showing their affection.

And finally - because i think this comment may have already exceeded some kind of word count barrier already - when it comes down to it, Cuddy has ALWAYS been there for House be it as his doctor or his friend. The simple fact that Cuddy is House's doctor already tells us so much. House - being a person who downtrods nearly every other doctor in the hospital - would not allow just ANYBODY to be his doctor, showing that even though he makes fun of Cuddy's medical abilities in the end he does trust her as well as thinks she is MORE THAN capable. As for Cuddy always being there for House. Let's look at the different times in which she has saved his life in one way or another or has at least showed him that she will always be there for him:
She was there during his infarction and she saved his life by restarting his heart when it stopped beating.
She made a huge sacrifice for the hospital by defying Vogler so that House could keep his job - which in turn cost the hospital 100 million dollars.
She commited PERJURY for House to keep him from going to jail.
She literally saved his life yet again when his heart stopped again by administering mouth to mouth resuscitation.
Staying by his bedside and holding his hand after he woke from his coma.
Those are a few of the times in which she has showed she will always be at his side - be it to save or protect him.

In the end, i think that House and Cuddy have a perfect kind of relationship. They stand by each other, they respect each other (though House tries to cover that up with snark and sarcastic comments) and through it all they have managed to keep their relationship strong and by Cuddy making sure that House has never given up on himself she has also sometimes managed to show him the brighter side of life.
een jaar geleden rainbowedlife said…
I started watching House in Season Four, so the idea of House/Cuddy always stuck in my mind when my brother finally got the DVDS of the first three seasons. So I, for one, was never a Hameron/Hilson/Other shipper. I am a Huddy shipper because I really do believe that they FIT, that they balance each other out really nicely.
It is very common on television, to see an old guy-young girl couple and I find it refreshing to see that the Huddy relationship can be different in that aspect and still not lose any of 'magic' a May/December (Reference to House) relationship is portrayed to be.
The first thing that comes to my mind when someone says 'House/Cuddy' is the amount of sexual tension and the intense chemistry they have together. (Well, to be honest, I'd think of the last minutes of 'Joy', but THAT comes a close second.) The fun banter-ish thing that have been what attracts many to the show itself, and I may be a bit biased on the subject, but it is undeniable, that the two have enough potential to light the whole hospital on fire, and send a rocket up to space and back.
And all through the seasons, House has showed, more than once, that he cares about her, and that even if he is attracted to her looks on some level, he is also intrigued by her actions, and loves who she really is. To House, Cuddy is like a three-dimensional puzzle that he won't ever be able to solve -- I think that he actually likes that she's so hard to figure. It keeps him on his feet. And if you watch through the episodes carefully, you would simple have to notice that although House has the tendency to spread misery all around him, he never tries to stop Cuddy's happiness - after he's realized WHAT makes her happy because really, House can be really clueless.
In 'Who's Your Daddy', for example, when she asks him to give her her injections, you see that before he actually does that, he keeps on rubbing and rubbing - he was clearly enjoying what she's asking him to do, and I remember thinking that he even likes her enough not to make a snarky comment. And he keeps her secret - he doesn't tell anyone, not even Wilson, because he's realized how important that is for her.
One of my favorite moments has to be at the end of 'Lucky Thirteen', where House finds out Cuddy's adopting. The look on his face when she told was what got to me: It was a mixture of hurt, disbelief, shock, and even a bit of confusion. He was not upset that Cuddy's adopting - In my opinion, he's upset because Cuddy's told Wilson and not him. I can see him thinking back on in Who's Your Daddy when she called him ('I need you') and now he's realized that she DOESN'T need him anymore. And he's sad. That also counts for one of the times Cuddy has rendered House speechless.
And that goes to another point I have : It is rare to see House speechless on the show, he usually has a snarky comment for backup when he is surprised. And it's always Cuddy who does/says something unpredictable that you see House, loss for words. 'Insensitive' has become one of my favorite episodes, because it is the first (I think) time that you see House unable to speak. When Cuddy asks him, "Do you like me, House?" you see that there was a lot of hesitation until he comes up with a snarky comment to cover up his 'mistake'.
Another episode that I absolutely can't resist analyzing is 'Joy'. Throughout the first forty minutes of the episode, he tries to talk her out of adopting, to make her believe what HE believes: That she doesn't really want the baby. But when he bursts into the operating room, again, trying to persuade her, he sees how much she wants this baby and finally leaves her alone at last. At the end, when he visits her home, you see him trying to make amends, which resulted in Cuddy lashing out at him, and asking why he does the things he does to her. And you see him, for the third time, wordless. But this time, it's even better, because he admits to her that he doesn't know. And really, how many times has he really admitted that he doesn't know something? After he says that, you see that the look on Cuddy's face change: from anger, to skeptical, astonished and well, touched. It's a beautiful thing. And that's when they kiss. And that's when Huddy-fans from all over the world started dying. Repeatedly. Over and over again.
last edited een jaar geleden
I guess I took a long time to write - when I began, there was no post to this thread. *still laughing* And PotterGal, you have very good points. My post was basically about House's feelings, and I hit 'post' before I realized I didn't write about Cuddy at all. o.O
een jaar geleden kellinator said…
WOW you guys are both so amazing!! I feel like if I write something it will be just a comlplete reiteration of what you two just said. You both sum up perfectly what is so beautiful about Huddy!!
Thanks rainbowedlife. I loved your points as well - especially the one about how Cuddy is able to render House speechless. You're very right. We hardly ever see House at a loss for words and the two times in which we have it was both because of Cuddy: In "Insensitive" when she asks him whether he likes her and like you talked about, in "Lucky 13". I really think that Cuddy is the only one who is able to effect him to such a great extent.

Edit: And thank K! ;)
Thank you... and we have 618 fans!! (sorry)
Such long and well thought out answers. I'll try to write a good one when I get in "the philosophical mood of doom" XDDDDD
een jaar geleden pure_rebellion said…
PG i basically died when i read this:

"... that one night they had together must have been HOT or House would really not keep obsessing and talking about Cuddy's body in nearly every episode years and years later. "

ahh you just made my day *dies of laughter*

HAHAH rl (Well, to be honest, I'd think of the last minutes of 'Joy', but THAT comes a close second.)

*Dies of laughter again*:)(:
LOL HC, and yes Cuddy is definitely the only one who can render House speechless, which further proves that she is such an enigma to him. She zigs when he thinks she'll zag and I don't think he will ever completely figure her out.
een jaar geleden pure_rebellion said…
yes whichs is exactly why a house cuddy realtionship could never get boring for either of them :)(:
Crap, still not philosophical. XDDDD
Okay, i'm back with more. I was reading comments about Huddy here and on other forums and i realised something. People always seem to focus on the more serious aspects of the House/Cuddy relationship when they analyse them. And that got me thinking...another reason why House and Cuddy is the best ship around (OR SO I HOPE WE WILL MAKE YOU THINK SO) is because they not only have many serious, emotional moments but also because they seem to have so much FUN with each other. House and Cuddy's relationship is so much more than just emo moments.

Firstly, House and Cuddy smile A LOT in each other's presence. link gorgeous video proves that point by showcasing the many times in which House and Cuddy's faces have lit up when they are with each other. This is very sweet notion considering the fact that House and Cuddy are essentially both very miserable.

Cuddy is the one who we have seen play all sorts of "games" with House. Examples of which are:
In Season 3's "One Day One Room" when she turns House's clinic duty into a game by saying she will pay him 10 dollars for every patient he treats without touching and he has to pay her 10 dollars for every patient he has to touch.
In Season 4's "Mirror Mirror" in which they keep trying to see who can undermine the other the most culminating in Cuddy switching House's Vicodin with laxatives.

Underneath the apparent snark they have for each other House and Cuddy invariably always seem to be most comfortable when they around each other, the only exception being that of when House is around Wilson.

And then there are the wonderfully cute scenes they have with each other like the ending scene in "Ugly" where they watch the final cut of the documentary together. They are CLEARLY content and very comfortable in each other's company. Cuddy's leg is up on the table and they are seated next to each other an occasional hilarious glance from Cuddy sailing over to House whenever the documentary says something damning about House being nice.

*House cuts off the documentary before Cuddy (and he) and subject to anymore*
Cuddy: *laughs*
House: *starts walking out of her office*
Cuddy: It's difficult not to be moved.
House: Oh stop it
Cuddy: *wipes imaginary tear*
House: *starts to walk out*
Cuddy: Where are you going? Kittens to get out of trees? Deaf kids to read to?
House: It's up to me to make sure this evil never gets out to the rest of the world. *leaves*
Cuddy: *turns the video back on and smiles when the boy thanks House*

Now THAT scene i feel really showcases the playfulness they have with each other. I don't think we had ever seen them in such a laid-back and relaxed manner around each other before but it just seemed so right, so natural for them there.
AND the way in which Cuddy smiles when the boy thanks House. It says SO MUCH in just one look. She is proud of House, happy for him and also for once does not bother to hide the affection she feels for him as there is no one around to see her. If House is unable to see the gratitude the boy is giving him then she at least will be able to see it for him and therefore just gains that much more insight into how House touches his patient's lives.

If you look closely you can see all the moments in which Cuddy and House break down their walls around each other be it House's walls of ice and solitude or Cuddy's walls of rules and uniformity. This is one of the main reasons i think they are so good for each other. They show each other the ways in which they can have fun and relax when they are together and i think this is especially important for Cuddy who seems to live just for her work right now what with no family or social life whatsoever.

House and Cuddy's playfulness is often overlooked by those who analyse them mostly in favour of analysis of their more serious, emotional moments. I feel that if you are to get a whole, complete view of House and Cuddy then that is the wrong way to go because a large portion of their relationship is that of fun-loving, take-your-breath-away-with-laughter moments that just make them that much more adorable to ship.
OMG, THATS A GREAT COMMENT PG AND I LOVED THE VID TOO!!!!! Why, oh why, must I have a brain block NOW of all times?!?!?!?!?!
PG I completely agree, I love their playful moments and that scene in Ugly has always been one of my favorites. I love how comfortable they are with eachother and how they genuinely do enjoy eachother's company. A large part of why they are so great together is that despite them being the most miserable on the show, when they are together, they don't seem so miserable. So I completely agree, in order to completely appreciate their relationship, you must look at their light hearted moments as well as their emotional moments.
Fanpop should have the DoubleFan option, LMAO, PotterGal - I would DoubleFan you in a heartbeat!

This is also just a random reason that just popped in my head while I was looking at some screen caps of Huddy scenes:

One of my favorite things about House and Cuddy is that in every scene they are together, no matter they are doing at the moment, I feel something... A spark, a flicker of magic - and it's not just the Huddy fangirl in me. The scenes from One Day, One Room is something I'd like to make an example of. Someone who has watched the scene in the park would know that their actual dialogue goes something like this:

Cuddy: Is that Vicodin?
House: Breath mints; I thought you were gonna kiss me.

But if someone completely absurd (as I am) would re-watch the scene with the volume turned completely off, it seems like they're saying something completely different. Although I can't say how much I love their usual dynamic, I think it's very sweet how every scene with them together kind of has a different, hidden meaning that can be seen from their expression, their hand gestures, etc.

And also, I'd like to add and conclude to PotterGal's wonderfully written portion up there: Their little banters (sometimes not so little, lmao) are something I, and most people, I expect, look forward to in the show and like every *good* television couple, they have a playful side of them that is absolutely adorable as opposed to their 'serious, emotional' moments.

To PotterGal: Amen.
Their ying and their yang. The emotional moments and their fun moments. Together they create a perfect balance. They are so balanced, so in tune with each other, it never ceases to amaze me. She is his boss, he is her employee. Yet, somehow, he is in charge in a way. As demonstrated in Mirror Mirror when House was apparently the "dominant one". She has control over one part of their relationship (friendship and romantically) and he controls the other part. Once again, ying and yang, creating balance in their relationship over all. Now, I'm not completely in my philosophical mood, but this is just one of the things I see in their relationship: how it balances out. There has to be a balance. There cannot be Cuddy completely over him, because then there would not be balance. She is a challenge- hard to get, hard to make her his. He enjoys this challenge. It shows balance in the form of: she is not all over him, which would make him repel her. He is a challenge to her. He has women after him, even though he may not feel the same way about them. She sees obstacles- getting in the way, once again creating a challenge and once again, creating balance at the same time. They both have obstacles that are not easy to over come, and they both have obstacles that are easy to over come. I find this balance to be important and necessary in order for them to find a new part of their relationship that needs to be explored, but keeping the existing relationship as well.
You are lovely, HC. See - Wasn't that hard, was it? LOL. *doublefans you*
een jaar geleden pumpkinpie99 said…
omg that was an amazing point it had never even crossed my mind but it is sooo true
if i had never watched house and i just happened to watch it, id think they were a couple!!!
good point rainbowedlife
lol, thank you rainbow!!!! and hubby, u should post something philosophical too!! XDDD
ok i think i will right this is gonna take a while to type
:D
lol! kk!! the bad thing is, I'll have to read it tomorro Hubby. I'm DEAD tired. its 3 am here. I'll ttyl Hubby!!! *xoxo*
Godd job HC for getting into philosophical mode lol. And I completely agree rainbowed, I love their banter, it rivals that of married couples on sitcoms and that is part of why they are so great together. I remember watching "Finding Judas" and just watching them walk down the hall together after his first court hearing thinking, "They look like a married couple" lol, just their body language said it all.
Where 2 start? ok... seriously i don't actualy know where 2 start...
house and cuddy are perfect for each other. They completely balance each other out. Some characters try to change house, but cuddy doesn't, she accepts him for who he is. No-one understands more than her, the pain that he goes through. She can match his wit, and throw it right back at him.
As lisa edelstein said "maybe she will give him the key to her heart". Now why would someone say this, and not mean it? She knows there is something there, and he knows there is something there. This has been brought up in numerous interviews.
These two have known each other for a long time, and what i love most, is how they have never lost the sexual tenision, or the spark between them. He still clearly thinks about their night together, as does she. Any fool can see this.
People always seem to think that he is the one that buggs her the most, and although this is true, i think on some level that he is the one that she trusts the most as well (featal position, who's your daddy etc)
Akthough he acts snarky and sarcastic around her, u can tel that there are still feelings there, why else would he have gone to her house in ep 6?
notice that he is always there when she needs him?
and vice versa?
One major point in my opinion is october/october. These two are the perfect age to be together, they are both lonely, both sad, and both in need of someone, and they are the only ones who can provide that for each other. PLus don't they just look sooooo good together?
honestly i don't see how anyone can think that they won't be together in the end. Im reli reli not bashing here, but i don't see any other relationships as long-term , but as DS said, "if house is capable of having a relationship with anyone, its cuddy".
We also have the largest fanbase, so the writers could not let that many people down without suffering serious consequences.
What i love most, is how, as a couple, when they are both in a room, it seems lighter (sounds weird i know) but as rainbowedlife said, if u turned down the volume on the tv, u would really think that half of their conversations were deep and meaningful, just from the way that they look at each other
It is truly beyond me, how 2 actors who are not in a relationahip can make it seem so convincing to us that their charactors are together, even with the volume turned down. Seriously how amazing is the acting?
So the bottom line is, these two completely balance each other out. I think that they are both looking for someone who can somewhat lessen the pain that they feel, and they both consider the other, but are too scared to make the first move from fear of getting their hearts broken. I think this is why we are given little glances of houses "human side", because little by little, the writers are trying to tell us that cuddy is the only one for house.
I seriously can't think of a better pairing than these 2 they are so perfect for each other

:D
Thanks rainbowedlife! You're so sweet! That was wonderful HC. I'm glad you finally got into your mood. :D

Edit: PP, that was great! That point you made about them not making any solid moves towards a relationship because they don't want to get their hearts broken is what i think is the crux of the fact of why they are not together. House has been hurt horribly by Stacy and Cuddy just seems to end up alone time after time be it whether she is trying to look for a partner through online dating or a baby through IVF or adoption. I don't think their hearts could take being hurt badly again but that's why they are so good for each other too in a way.
OMG PP that's so beautiful!!! I feel like if I write something it will be a complete recap of everything you guys have said lol.
You should write one - I'm having one of my 'reading' moods. Don't ask what it means. (Not quite sure myself)
thanx mum!!! *hugs*
seriously give it a go, i know how much u love huddy, and i know that u hav gr8 things to say about it so let ur mind flow!! it makes u feel better once you've got everything off ur chest. I for one hav had the most stressfull week of my life and next week is gonna be even worse and this made me feel better
so give it a go u hav noting to lose
:)
Ahhhh!! I'm sorry, I didn't see your piece, Pumpkinpie. I know, I know. It's HUGE. *checks self for brain tumor*

Well, I read it. And I can't stop screaming. I love you. Seriously. My brother's telling me to shut up or he'll lock me in the bathroom (How does his mind works, anyway?) which is making me scream harder. You have no idea how hard it is to type while screaming.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanx rainbowedlife *hugs*
guys never seem to understand our obsessions lol
my dad thinks im messed up lol
*trys to type whilst screaming*
*fails miserably*
thanx PG i only just saw ur comment
im glad that u think the same
i was worried that i was off in my own little world
once again
lol
Well i think that all good campaigns should be backed up with visual proof and link a video i found on youtube with 10 wonderful Huddy scenes that back up what everyone of us has been talking about so far! Just note that it was made before season 5 started airing so it only has clips from season 1-4. :)
i agree
im just no good at posting links they never seem 2 work :(

*goes to watch video*
Ok so I don't even know where to start with these two, their relationship is the most complex I have ever come across on TV, movies, or even in real life. You couldn't define their relationship with one or even a few words. At times they are adversaries fighting over treatment for a patient, and at other times they are two friends simply enjoying eachother's company. Even this doesn't begin to describe their relationship, because they are so much more than "just friends," their chemistry radiates off the screen and everytime they are in a scene together I feel the temperature get just a little but warmer lol. She is his fantasy, and he also respects her intelligence, as shown in "House's Head" when he appreciatively views her striptease while also running a differential with her. Futrthermore, she is his constant, and as PG said before, she is the woman in his life, and he is the man in hers. It says a lot that they have been in eachother's life on and off for over 20 years, they can't seem to stay away from eachother, and their relationship has never lost that spark. As DS said, "She knows him and enjoys him. And he enjoys her." Cuddy is the only one who has been there for House through everything; after the infarction she gave him a job (I'm pretty sure she hired him after his infarction), and after the bus crash, when he finally lost Wilson, she was there holding his hand. She stood vigil at his bedside when she probably had tons of administrative duties to attend to. Also, we have seen some of House's most emotionally raw and revealing moments in her presence. In "Skin Deep" he goes to her for a morphine injection, and shows us (the audience) his leg for the first time, he is ungarded and vulnerable to her in that moment. And of course there is the moment in "Joy," when he says "I don't know" which IMO is the most revealing moment of the show thus far. There is such a deep trust betwen these two, she is his doctor, he trusts her with his life, and she has saved his life twice already. She trusts him; he is the one she turned to for help with the in vitro and he didn't tell anyone, which is so unlike anything he has ever done before. However, there relationship is not just based on the emotional, angsty stuff, one of my favorite aspects to their relationship is their playful banter and genuine glow when they are together. They both seem to forget most of their misery when they are together. They can make eachother smile like no one else can (with the exception of Wilson possibly in regards to House), and the rest of the world seems to melt away when they are looking at eachother. I think Don (Loser date guy) said it best about their relationship when he said "Nothing else in the world is going on." They are at their best when they are with eachother and "If House is capable of having a relationship with anyone, it's Cuddy." This is the end of my rant, I feel like I've written a novel, but I actually could wrote a novel about these two, I love them so much!
see that was so beautiful i knew u could do it
it was reli deep, and so full of truth!!!
it is true that the rest of the world seems to melt away when they are together
they are so beautiful together its unreal!!!
they should have their own show!
gr8 comment mum!
Thanks lol, and they srsly need their own show!! Huddy MD it would be the hottest show on earth!!
Ah, we are so full of WIN over here in the Huddy spot, we're starting to overflow. LOL Kelly, (s'ok if i call u that?) Huddy MD. That incredibly long, and epic paragraph was really honest, and well written. Much lesbian-love (LMAO)!
That was wonderful K! :)
House's "I don't know" definitely was one of the most - if not the most - revealing moments for him. I mean, this is a man who has answers for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. For him to say "I don't know"...wow...
een jaar geleden midnyte007 said…
I agree with you K, that Cuddy has probably never smiled at anyone the way she smiled at House. I finally got around to watching the video that PG( which BTW was a great video. Thanks for posting it, PG) posted and OMG her smile towards House was contagious. It made me smile just watching it on my ocmputer.
LOL rainbowedyea you can call me Kelly or K or whatever. Amd yea PG I srsly think that his "I don't know" has been the most revealing moment, because he always NEEDS to know the answer to everything, it is the premise of the show. For him to not know/understand why he acts that way towards her and for him to reveal that he doesn't know is so huge!!
Ohh yea I watched that Vid and I love it!!! Her smiles really are contageous midnyte!! I have 3 favorite smiles/faces she made with House. One of them is the one in Insensetive right before she asks "Do you like me House?" It's like a confident smile. And then I also love the smile in "Top Secret" when she realizes that he remembered the guy because she made out with him. And then I love the "Fetal position" smile at the end of the ep!!

Edit: Actually I was thinking about it and I also LOVE the smile on her face when he comes out of his coma in "Wilson's Heart," pure relief is written on her face and her smile is one of absolute love for him!!
een jaar geleden oldmovie said…
Wow, everyone's comments were just wow; I love how our ship is so smart!! This is going to be hard to compete for best comment lol. Everyone has made really good points I love how PG mentioned the playfulness! Anyways here's my take on the Huddy relationship, be prepared it’s a freakin essay, I got really carried away…..

House is damaged goods like as has always been said, from a mixture of his father's abuse and Stacy leaving him, House is an emotional cripple, perhaps his leg is a symbol of his being not only physically cripple but emotionally crippled, and his distrust of others is quite apparent in the way he treats others. He only values a few relationships because he feels that those people are not likely to hurt him, but rather try to help him, it seems House is drawn to those that want to help him improve his life, Wilson and Cuddy. What I love about the House and Cuddy’s relationship are the ways in which they treat each other, they are both trying to help the other one in their own weird ways.

Cuddy is accused by House of being an idealist, and he recognizes how that idealism is directed towards him.

HOUSE: If you did, you wouldn't have hired me.

Cuddy sees the life House could have and the life he has and tries her best to make his life better, notice she never cares about his personality but merely how miserable he is. In "Detox" and "merry little Christmas" and "one day one room" the show deals with these ideas. "Detox" was, just as PG said another example of how she uses games to try and get House to admit he has a drug problem, which she believes is the first step to getting better (NOT, idealism kicking in again). "Merry little Christmas" instead is focused on her taking matters into her own hands and sort of blackmailing House, another sort of game, to try and get him to take Tritter's deal by taking away his Vicodin, maybe not the best of ideas, but she was trying to help him the only way she knew how to. Finally in "one day one room" Cuddy sets up a game to get House to see patients and this conversation follows:

CUDDY: You pay me ten dollars for everyone you have to touch.

HOUSE: You're making this into a game for me. From which I can only conclude this isn't a game for you.

CUDDY: No.

HOUSE: Why? Think if I deal with enough people, I'll find some humanity?

CUDDY: Yes.

Cuddy sees how inhumane House has become because of the leg, how closed off from the world he is, and is sometimes by how dark he views the world, here’s another conversation to prove that, also from “one day one room”:

CUDDY: Are you concerned?

HOUSE: You know how many people get raped every day

CUDDY: so it's common, therefore boring.

HOUSE: We were to care for every person suffering on the planet, life would shut down.

CUDDY: How 'bout just the ones we meet?

HOUSE: They deserve our sympathy more than the other people?

CUDDY: So your solution is not to give a damn about any of them? How do you do that? How do you take that theory
and put it in practice? You met her...

I think she’s afraid of how dark he is, and again with her idealism kicking in, wants to show him, by forcing him to meet people that the world isn’t as bad as he thinks it is. That maybe his world view is wrong and that he can be happy.
It was Cuddy and Wilson who were left to pick up the pieces after Stacy left House. Wilson took care of the emotional needy side of House and Cuddy gave him a meaning in life. I know that sounds cheesy but hear me out. Cuddy created a new diagnostics department just for him, and while we don’t know the reasons yet for this, and of course she had the alternative motive of having a brilliant doctor working for her, she gave House something to cling onto. SHE brings him cases in an effort to keep him entertained by puzzles, she forces him to do clinic duty in an effort to make him see the world differently and SHE puts herself on the line time and time again because she has faith in him. She is his emotional protector, someone who will stand by House through all the tough times, someone who has seen House through everything, maybe not been as close as Wilson, but has been there nevertheless.

Now onto House “helping” Cuddy. There have only ever been two women in the show that House has shown obvious interest in, interest meaning actual pursuing of the woman, Stacy and Cuddy are these women. But that’s not really the point I was trying to make, the point I was trying to make was that he has an interest in them. He’s fascinated by their motives for things, why they do certain things, he analyzes their every move, and for Cuddy he is normally her voice of reason. For proof of House analyzing her every move here is another quote, this one if from “Forever”.

House: Once a month, when you leave the kids cancer ward, your eyes glisten. About three days later, you break your ban on sugar and chow down a bucket of frozen yoghurt in the cafeteria, sprinkles included. Based on the last yoghurt sighting, you've got another week before you ovulate. You're on fertility meds. With red clover as an herbal booster. [Cuddy starts to look upset] And the dinner with Wilson was an audition. It's too bad he didn't land the gig. He would have had fun.

This is the opening to the baby arc, but it shows how much House pays attention to her, if a guy knows when a girl ovulates he’s got to be paying very close attention to her. The baby arc, as PG has already pointed out was nice because we got to see House acting respectfully towards her wishes of secrecy. But what I liked about the beginning of the arc in season 2 was that House became Cuddy’s voice of reason when there was no-one else for her. He tried to tell her that randomly picking a number of a sperm donor wasn’t the way to have a kid, the person who should help her should be someone she knows, someone who she “likes” to put it as he did, “Genes matter”. In this rare moment of not really vulnerability but being very solemn and serious, he tells Cuddy that she needs to take a step back and realize what she is doing and if it’s what she really wants. I think that is sweet in a way only House could pull off. He does this again in “Fetal Position” by reminding her of the less than objective way she was handling the case, trying to help her in the only way he knew how, with harsh words. It’s funny because at the end of the episode, House and Cuddy seem to trade places. House lectures Cuddy about how she handled the case and the dangerous means to which she used, which on her part if very Housian and on his part very Cuddy like. House is again her voice of reason in “Joy”, trying to remind her (along with his own fears of her not being at his beck and call anymore) of the problems of being a mother, and testing her to see if she would be ready. While I know a lot of those “tests” came from his deep fear of losing a relationship with Cuddy he valued and his fear of change, somewhere in the pits of selfishness was a concern for Cuddy about her potential motherhood.

House serves on many occasions to point out why Cuddy is miserable, he doesn’t need to do this, it won’t serve any purpose, not even the fun of pissing her off, but it forces her to reflect on herself, this quote is from “No more Mr. nice guy”:

HOUSE: What you want, you run away from. What you need, you don't have a clue. What you've accomplished makes you proud. [Pause] But you're still miserable.

By forcing her to reflect on herself, House makes Cuddy try to understand why she is miserable and perhaps give her a chance to climb out of the hole she is living in and try to fix her own misery, I don’t know that’s my interpretation.
I won’t talk about the sexual tension, or the history, nor will I talk about how he interrupted her dates or tried to sabotage a wuddy relationship because I know people have already discussed them and will continue to, I wanted to share with you my favorite element of the Huddy relationship, their “helping” of one and another to try and get through their misery. I think their relationship is beautiful and twisted and is going to have a lot of sharp edges to it, but I think it’s deep and is an interesting study of character.
O_o

That's about how coherent i am right now after reading that OM. What a wonderful comment/master's degree thesis. XD
I completely agree with everything you said. The way in which House and Cuddy help each other in life be it outward in it's showing or subconciously is such a beautiful part of their relationship. And..yeah, i have nothing else to say (now!) after reading that OM. :)
lol thanks PG, yes *coughs masters degree* if only lol. I'm truly shocked by the intelligence in pratically every comment, it just goes to show how freakin intelligent us huddies are ;).
Yes, that's very true. I was reading all the comments and i was just thinking, "Wow, we're a pretty intellectual bunch over here." Ahahaha.
I wish the other shipping forums would update with something. I would love to read other people's interpretations of their favourite ships.
een jaar geleden babybell said…
wow... really wow, all the people commenting here, especially om and pg, have proved two thigs in my opinion: that huddy is the bets ship, and that we are geniuses. or they are. i can't really say much else, but for all the reasons above thats why i a in love with the end of Games, and in some way more than the end of Joy, because.. it show cases all f that. The history. The banter. The looks. The depth of their relationship... and its rrslly, reallh deep, in that one moment.... it shows how they care for each other by their smiles, it shows their past, its really beautiful and funny, and thats the nature of their relationship: its deep, its meaningful, its historic - but its hilarious, they have moment where i fall of my chair laughing or get slightly embarrassed by how simply raw hre moments are, particularly Joy, because indeed you feel, " like you shouldn't be watching it" because its so private and intense. And thats why i love huddy - because it can be everything that one would value in a relationship because they " enjoy " each other so much, and at the same time they are there for each other, and at the same time its covered up by the walls built round them.... and at this moment i am in love with my ship lol...
and DAMN PG, i missed yoiu on the chat 'cause i was writing!!
Have I 'fanned' you, oldmovie?

'Nuff said.

Actually, it would be very out of character for me to type anything this short.

Well, I love oldmovie's point on how Cuddy wants to change how miserable he is, not his character. And I'd like to add that while some people would say that being miserable IS House's character - I disagree. Cuddy will not be changing House, she will be making him feel less unhappy.
Before I was amazed at the intelligence everyone wrote at and I just went through and re-read each comment and here are my favourite things said!

PG

"House prefers strong, confident woman who are not afraid to stand up to him."

"Cuddy is the woman of House's life - the one woman he has been able to keep the longest kind of relationship with in his life."

"Cuddy especially seems desperate for some kind of human contact and yet she is unable to find love in her life."

"…she has also sometimes managed to show him the brighter side of life."

"Firstly, House and Cuddy smile A LOT in each other's presence"

"If House is unable to see the gratitude the boy is giving him then she at least will be able to see it for him and therefore just gains that much more insight into how House touches his patient's lives."- freakin love this one

"I feel that if you are to get a whole, complete view of House and Cuddy then that is the wrong way to go because a large portion of their relationship is that of fun-loving, take-your-breath-away-with-laughter moments that just make them that much more adorable to ship."- Love this one too!!!

rainbowedlife

"To House, Cuddy is like a three-dimensional puzzle that he won't ever be able to solve -- I think that he actually likes that she's so hard to figure."- Great analogy

"…that the two have enough potential to light the whole hospital on fire, and send a rocket up to space and back."

"…which resulted in Cuddy lashing out at him, and asking why he does the things he does to her. And you see him, for the third time, wordless."

"But if someone completely absurd (as I am) would re-watch the scene with the volume turned completely off, it seems like they're saying something completely different." -I'll have to try that ;)

HC

"one of the things I see in their relationship: how it balances out."

PKP

"These two are the perfect age to be together, they are both lonely, both sad, and both in need of someone, and they are the only ones who can provide that for each other."

kellinator

"She is his fantasy, and he also respects her intelligence, as shown in "House's Head" when he appreciatively views her striptease while also running a differential with her."- never thought of it that way!

"In "Skin Deep" he goes to her for a morphine injection, and shows us (the audience) his leg for the first time, he is ungarded and vulnerable to her in that moment."

BB

"embarrassed by how simply raw hre moments are, particularly Joy, because indeed you feel, " like you shouldn't be watching it" because its so private and intense."

thanks om!! * copies nd pastes the whole of oms speech*
i would, but it would take too long, but you get my point, om you said some very deep things too.... when i finish my homework i will pick out my fav things from it, but just reading it takes at least ten minutes, and i might as well copy and paste the whole thing.