Huddy IDK if this is a bitchy commentaar to make, but it kind of has to be zei

oldmovie posted on Aug 16, 2009 at 07:51PM
So for a while I've been thinking this, its originally why I left Fanpop for a while, and frankly the more and more negative attitude I see come from the Huddies, the more I feel that something should be said.

I apologize if this sounds condescending or bitchy or whatever, but I think a lot of you Huddies need to calm down and take a step back from the fandom.

I've noticed so many people, especially from this ship following, focus so hard on Huddy they don't even notice the rest of the show. I definitely get not liking a ship, or a character or even a storyline. But it’s another thing to ignore the show and solely focus on Huddy.
There's a lot more to the show then just the interactions between Cuddy and House. I too am an avid shipper of Huddy, but I also find the relationship between Cameron and House interesting (as a teacher/mentor relationship) and I adored the Hacy relationship. They reveal really important aspects about House and frankly that's what the show is about. So I know we all love Huddy but there are so many aspects of the show that are brilliant and I feel are bashed and dumped on in this spot and it bothers me. Who knows the woman who is kissing House in the promo might give us something interesting and unique about who House is and why he acts the way he does? We just need to open our minds as a ship to the whole show, rather than just our favorite couple.
last edited on Aug 16, 2009 at 07:53PM

Huddy 51 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 51

een jaar geleden velvet_fox said…
OM I'm in the same boat as you, and I equally haven't been round fanpop for a while, and I wasn't quite expecting to come back to the insanity that happened after the season 6 promos. I mean bitching on a character way before we even know who she is, or what her agenda may be with House is a little bit of an over reaction.

Kisses get put in promos, as sex/romance sells, fact, but it doesn't mean it's because she is a massive new love interest for House or whatever - and if she is in just the one episode then why are people even losing their heads? Her short stint in the show makes hating on her even sillier. I'm quite looking forward to her to be honest because:
1 - Means there is an oppertunity for jealous Cuddy
2 - Her character has to be a very strong, clever woman for House to be romantically interested in her - so I'm interested too in what she will bring to the show as I adore strong female characters.

Anyway peace and love - don't declare defcon 5 in the Huddy world until we have a clear view of the bigger picture.
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden emzypemzy said…
Not bithcy at all OM, it relaly did have to be said, and really there is no better person to say it and have people listen. I agree, as much as I love Huddy I love the show too, and sure I know I do get carried away with my ship loving but I love the whole show and I want to know more about them all, and everything the writers do is to explore these amazingly well crafted characters. The promos are made to shock us, to get us discussing it, and sure it's doesn't seem great for Huddy on the surface, but we have to wait and see how it unfolds and just what's going on...and I persinally cannot wait! Roll on season 6!
een jaar geleden Huddylove4ever said…
I am not offended by your comment or anything like that, mostly b/c it takes a lot to offend me. But I think it is probably not a wise choice to put all Huddies under the same stereotype. It seems like you have directed this at all of us and it simply isn't true about everyone. I love the other aspects of the show and I especially love the interaction between House and Wilson as well as House's personal struggle with himself. I do not ship any other couples because I don't care for Cameron, although I do like Chase, I don't like Foreman and I have no feelings towards 13. I ship House and Cuddy seperately as well b/c they are just my favorite characters. I also really like the medical part of the show very much and could tell you the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatman process of every single patient (lol I am about to go to med school so it isn't as sad as it sounds)The point is that I understand what you are saying but I don't think it should have been directed at everyone b/c it simply isn't true about everyone.
een jaar geleden Fabouluz said…
I totally agree with you. I adore the show, I loved the whole aspect of it before I even shipped Huddy like I do now, and I get hot-headed when some Huddies go overboard and forget that it isn't all about House and Cuddy but about everyone and everything that makes up the show.

Not a lot of people know that I used to be a minor Hameron when I first watched House, but after seeing that the Huddy dynamic was more appealing to me I switched.

People need to go back, watch some old episodes and not watch it soley for the Huddy bits, but for the WHOLE of it :) I find doing that helps all the time to gain a better perspective on all the characters.

xoxo
een jaar geleden oldmovie said…
To velvet_fox: Exactly, the promos are known for their shock value and how out of context they always are! I'm glad others felt the way I did!

emzypemzy: Aw thanks now I'm blushing! But yes everyone gets carried away, that's what's fun! Its just when people get really angry it kind of annoys me, we should just trust the writers like you said :)

Huddylove4ever: I don't like pointing fingers at anyone because its not always fair, that's why I addressed it to everyone. I certainly don't think that every Huddy fan everywhere acts this way, its just better to do a general point rather than name people. I hope that makes you feel better :)

Fabouluz: AW you were a Hameron? I had no idea!!!! Lol so was I ;)
I like that suggestion Fab, I did that recently, I re-watched "House vs. God" which has one Cuddy scene that's pretty apalling, but I discovered how much I loved it and its now my favourie season 2 episode!

smile
:D I find that the ones where you have to really search for the House and Cuddy relevance, are nearly always the better ones; because it's not so obvious.

xoxo
een jaar geleden huddysmacked said…
Ok so OM not bitchy at all and OMG I couldn't agree with you mooooreeee. People needs soo much to calm down. And well my brain is dead for seeing all the negative comments coming from the Huddy pocks lately so...I'll post tomorrow when I don't feel like grabbing a gun and shoot everyone...
een jaar geleden ApplePie1890 said…
smile
like the others i totally agree :)
it's normal that we all get loud and bitching at first :P it's the shock! it's healthy... but to continue with the negative picks and all i guess that's the annoying part.
like the sex hallucination, we were MAD :P but for me after one day of "funeral mood" i discovered that's totally better this way :P hehe anyway, i say let's trust the writers and enjoy the show. if we just focus on Huddy we'll miss like A LOT! all the sense of humor (taub's and Wilson's ! heheh :D) and the awesome medical facts ;))))
*woww that's a long comment xDD*
een jaar geleden newmixgirl said…
i agree with all of you! =D

it was natural that when we first saw the promo we were shocked seeing House kissing someone, as we are huddy fans.it was natural. but everyone, including me, needs to calm down and stop bitching this character. i mean we don't even know her yet!!!
i love the show and all the characters, personally, i can't wait to see what interesting storylines the writers have for us this next season!!

*this is the longest comment i've made here =D*
een jaar geleden misanthrope86 said…
crying
A lot of us feel that way oldmovie. Personally, while I have been as active on Fanpop as I normally am, I pretty much stay away from this spot now. I still love the House/Cuddy relationship, but I hate the fandom. I have been having a lot more fun in the Foreteen and Hameron spots, as well as the character spots. I pretty much just check this spot every now and then, and I am usually pretty disappointed with what I see. It really sucks, because I used to be so active here and this was one of the best spots ever. Now I just find most of it annoying.
een jaar geleden livethislifeup said…
cool
I agree. When the promos came out, (I don't know about anyone else) but it felt like me and fab were the only ones acting rational about it. Everyone else was making ridiculous comments, picks, images and everything. Personally I was fairly excited when I saw the kiss. I don't remember who I discussed it with, it was either fab or HuddyBrave, but I was saying like what you had explained a little up there^, that this woman could unravel something about House. For all we know that particular moment could be monumental for us because of something that could occur before, after or in between. I think that some of us has gotten so sucked into Huddy that as soon as something else comes in and out of no where, we get defensive and start bashing without knowing anything actually. I think we all know from the past that promos are SOO MISLEADING. That's why I refused to believe well, I should say elaborate on any of them because it just drives us insane. Yeah, its exactly what Shore WANTS us to do like many of other huddies have claimed, but it doesn't mean we HAVE to do it. It's all unnecessary and pointless.
I also agree on the amount of focus directed towards Huddy. We should really be enjoying the whole aspect of the show instead of just two singular people we see as a couple/ship. I too enjoy Hameron moments, and I did enjoy the Hacy plotline for a while. We shouldn't deny everything else because its not what we want to happen. We don't know the effect all these things can take on simply everything. It's all pieces in the process. Like dominoes. They all eventually fall together in one direction.
I guess the first time we see it, its okay to feel a shock...because it can be...
But going past that shock, and being melodramatic about it, I mean come on.

Glad you said something OM. It's about time somebody did. And that was neither condescending, nor bitchy. Just the truth.
I find it really upsetting to hear that some people aren't coming here anymore, because of some of the new people joining it and acting ridiculous, I hope when some of the more sane people come back in (like OM) we can go back to the way it used to be.

They've gotta learn how to control themselves some of them, so we lead by example :)

xoxo
een jaar geleden midnyte007 said…
Wow, livethislifeup, you said exactly what I feel more eloquently than I could ever put it. I too am one of the people who stopped posting/contributing to this spot because of some of the fans here. As Missy said, one of the reasons I joined this spot even though I don't consider myself a hardcore Huddy fan is because this spot used to be so awesome. Now I also find it annoying. :(
AW! Well we need to do what Fab said, we need to bring the spot back to what it used to be!

I'm a little comforted though that other people feel this way, maybe if we try to cut out some of the more irrational behaviour we can get it back to what it used to be.
midnyte: Thank you. :)

oldmovie: Hopefully. My only interest in the Huddy spot now is writing articles, mostly because it has no interaction with anyone really. I've slowed on the forums.....picks....I barely participate. My interest now has been toward the actual House spot, along with other tv shows like Bones and Friends. But you're right. If we can cut out all the negative in the spot, we can regain back some sanity in the spot, and some of the users can feel good enough to return.
I know there are a lot of new fans joining this spot every week, and they sometimes ask the same annoying questions, repeat post images, react BADLY to the thing some of us reacted BADLY to like two months back. So it can irritating (for me anyway)

Some of them have never seen season 5 all the way through! We should try and get the message across that this spot used to unique to other spots because we where so inclusive and SANE and we were good at monitoring the situation. With so many new users, it's hard for those who try, to keep control of the situation.

Should we write an article about it?? So the new users can read it, and then we won't bug everyone by repeating the same things over and over to them.

xoxo
livethislifeup: First of all, I'm way to lazy to keep writing that name out so I'm calling you LTLU for now until I think of an amazing nickname! Its sad that's it come to that, but I think if enough users are willing to help cut out the crap we can get this spot back to its original awesomenes!

Fab: I think you're right, we've gotten a lot of newbies who are not intentionally causing any problems but kind of are. An article would be probably be a good idea.
I'll sort one out today OM :)

xoxo
cool
OM: That's perfectly fine with me. Haha, and its okay I get annoyed writing it too. Feel free to come up with an awesome nickname. ;D
Idk who is, but I'm willing to help!!!! I've been here for nearly a year now, and I still remember what the Huddy spot used to be like!! I miss that!!

Fab: We should! we should just compose everything into one article. There are some new fans that are causing problems, like OM said, unintentionally, but there are some familiar fans just causing some mischief. A non-offensive article(and by non-offensive, no call outs, no particulates of actual users.)would really put the spot at ease.
I won't be specific to users, it'll just be like a welcome thing, with how our spot is and what the fans on the spot are like :)

xoxo
een jaar geleden velvet_fox said…
That's a good idea for newbies Fab.
een jaar geleden XhuddyobsessedX said…
hmmm
ya.. i have to agree....ha i remember coming on here and looking at something and everyones like btw what ever happend to the POTW...it is sorta upseting how no one really pays attention to the show....I'm starting to more now...like i'm expanding on who i ship... i dont just ship huddy..and the thing i dont get is... if ppl want a sappy love story why not watch like the notebook or something...some ppl want house and cuddy to get married but i think it would ruin the whole twisted relationship effect...maybe the very last season or something but u know, not right now...and i dont mean to bash anyone .... i just sorta agreed...
een jaar geleden Carolina_Skies said…
I agree with just about everything everybody has said. and Hell no, OM! Totally needed to be said.

I think it's quite ridiculous for everybody to be acting they way they are acting because of this situation! Its JUST a promo! Promo's are half of the time misleading and just about ALL the huddy's should know that.

I don't think I could say anything else that makes a difference because you all have said everything I would have.

I can't wait for season 6. I can't wait to see how everything is going to unfold! I especially can't wait to see how everything at the hospital is going to be like too...with House in the crazy house and the team trying to take on cases. It's going to be alot of fun so I'm just strapping myself in and enjoying the ride. It's going to be very promising, IMO and extremely interesting. =)
een jaar geleden huddy_aimee said…
smile
ok i've been reading this and havent been able to comment... (bloody phone) and im fairly new to fp and this spot (7-8 months) i agree something needed to be said because i came to the spot when all you guys were still around...(and its not bitchy OM!!!)
i get annoyed, also, at the constant repitition i know that i have repeated some things and i have removed them (thanks Fab - you pointed one out on another spot actually!)
i get frustrated with the bitchy picks that bash other characters but we dont know whats gonna happen in season 6!!! (although i must say i flipped when i saw the promo)
but yeah...
im glad you brought it up OM...
i also like the idea of an article!!!
My opinion in an article...
link
smile
great opinion reggi!!! i gave you props!!!! YAY!!!
big smile
Well if everyone here makes a big enough deal out of people acting out, then we can get it back!

*feels empowered by the Huddy fandom of sensible people!*
Yeah I have hope in Huddy and Huddies...We will make it through ;)

And thanks Aimee I saw it, thanks OM too =)
:)
heart
One really, REALLY important thing that I have to point out here, that is important to me (maybe not anyone else, I don't know), is that it is not just new fans. It is a combination of new fans not quite understanding how Fanpop works and old fans believing that they are the always right. So for me, yes, new fans sometimes get things wrong, but old fans have a responsibility to some extent to politely and clamly help new fans contribute more positivly to Fanpop and also, I think, need to be a lot less, to put it very bluntly, arrogant about their ship.
And I am only saying this because this is a forum aimed at getting this spot back on track. I feel as though I can offer a slightly different perspective given my "I-ship-damn-near-everything" attitude, so I don't have Huddy-blindness. I would love to feel comfortable being part of this spot again, but I often feel that whenever I do participate, I find that there is no room for my opinion, for new fans AND old fans.

I really, REALLY do not mean to offend anbody or the entire spot. I just really think that if we want to regain the glory of the Huddy spot (without being arrogant about it) then we need to be honest and acknowledge that even if we have absolutely no intention of hurting people's feelings or pissing someone off, our behaviours and attitudes, even via the internet, have the ability to create social environments, and at the moment, for a few of us (or maybe a lot of us) the Huddy spot is not an environment that feels positive.

If you read all that, thanks and I apologuise for the bluntness.
i agree with you missy about the old and new fans where they dont quite understand or they think they know everything...i've had a couple of run ins like that (NOT ON THIS SPOT - d/w) but yeah and it gave it a really negative feel....if that makes any sense...(?)
^Extremely good point Missy. That is a problem, the arrogance thing. People need to acknowledge that the spot is just for the love of Huddy and not for gloating and picking on other ships, which is what its kind of become.

I love that comment Missy! Hopefully you'll join us?
So what are we exactly gonna do to bring back the positiveness I understand Missies point but like I am always saying that I could be wrong and blah blah...

And yeah sometimes we don't approve new opinions but it's not like we don't welcome them (well at least I do) I remember when Mars was here and even though she was a Ham everyone respected her and her POVs and I was a newbie by the time...

And I dunno if I have been bitchy towards something I am sorry but most of the times I try not to... Like I came here to Fanpop because there were no ship wars and there was no need to deffend Huddy because everyone respected it but I think that Huddies have been soooo Huddies they have annoyed some people and I dunno it's just weird...
hmmm...*thinks*
well you put the article up...but i guess whe should talk the the really new ones about fanpop being a oplace to share ideas, make friends and have fun (not the bitchy character bashings and stuff) also maybe, try get some of you old guys back and kinda post stuff to show how it gets done around here...
we need to respect everyone....
But Missy has done that and I don't think anybody besides you guys have read my article *scratches chin*
I think that users who see abuse on the spot from now on towards other ships and different ideas on the spot, should say something and tell other users that that kind of attitude is not appreciated in this spot. If enough of us do it, on a regular basis, people will understand that that kind of beviour is not accepted.
hmmm...good point....
een jaar geleden pumpkinpie99 said…
wow, just noticed this
to be perfectly honest, i can't say anything, because compared to u lot, i'll make myself sound reli stupid, you're all pretty wise! so, i'll just state that i agree with you all :) lol
Its a shame the spot has turned into such a negative place, but I truly beleive that we can change it back. If people just directed their dedication towards a more possitive attitude, then it could become a reli happy community again. There's just too buch bitterness! I'm not gonna blame the newbies, and I won't blame the old ones either, I think we all feel a little resentment towards what has happened, but at the end of the day, complaining, bitching and resentment will get us nowhere!!!!
Hope it improves when the new season starts, maybe we're all just going through serious withdrawel :)
smile
omg...i knw im going through a serious withdrawl....!! but we've all made good points in this forum...
sad
I get what you are saying pumpkinpie99 and that is kinda why I have pretty much left the spot. I tried being nice about it all, I tried to be calm about it, I tried getting angry, and nothing worked. So I stopped wasting my time.

I really have no idea what to do about it. oldmovie's point in great about stomping on the behaviour as it happens so that people get the idea that this spot is about love and respect (< oh my god what a hippy). But we have tried to do that in the past and it hasn't worked. And in particular, when I tried to do that with a couple of fans who are Fanpop old-timers and quite well-respected fans, I got bullied out of it. And lamely, I gave up. But I'm sick of wasting my Fanpop time bashing my head against brick walls.

So, even though we have tried numerous times to squash the crap before it starts, I guess we just have to keep going with it.
zzz
ye, i know :( its soo depressing, and did u seriously get bullied out of it???? wth??? *sighs*
i can only hope that it will change back to its old ways, but whats most important, is that people come to terms with the fact, that there is a small chance... that we may not get a huddy relationship for a long time,if ever, which is sad, but not something to get aggresive about

anyway, im going to bed. Sleep well huddies :)
x
een jaar geleden cheery_blossom said…
OMFG OM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i completely agree. i ADRORED the hameron date. House was so gentle and sweet when he bought her that flower! he was so adorably awkward and it just showed he was obviously capable of love. And same with the Hacy relationship. Obviously if none of these events had taken place, there would BE no huddy.

I love house, yes, because of huddy, but also because i learn so much when i watch it, it makes me think about social niceties and the reason behind the way we treat eachother. Its full of drama and suspense and once you get into it its impossible to stop watching. Its the first and only show ive ever gotten into.

And i was into it before i even knew that "huddy" existed.

If huddy never happens, the world will not end. and i WILL continue to watch the show. for the reasons i listed above. and if huddy never happens, we will always have our fanfics in our heads and on the site. Wich is good enough for me, at any rate.

And btw, OM, ur not being bitchy. I was about to post something myself.

I was only here for the last bit of the "inclusive and sane"(quoting fab) huddy fandom. I miss it. I hope im not considered an annoying newbie. I try to remain as sane as possible :/
een jaar geleden cheery_blossom said…
sorry if that was a repeat. idk. its just how i feel.
een jaar geleden babybell said…
smile
Okaayyy hold on. Because of me not being here all the time as i used to be ages ago, i always miss things like this that make wonderful intelligent points and then have to read through like 4000 words of them 'cause i don't want to miss one ;). And that's of course difficult for me because i'm completely lazy and have spent the last 7 1/2 weeks just sitting around not putting my mind to anything, so bare with me here :D

I think Ohm made an excellent point, and one that i'm sure a lot of people will find it a lot easier to understand between the seasons when the hype isbn't so much: also one that is a lot more relevant between the seasons, because it is very easy to find yourself not remembering all the wonderful things about Huddy and the whole point of the show House, leaving you with the impression of you being completely into Huddy but forgetting that the thing about the show House isn't drama and relationships and happily ever afters like other shows (Friends, Gossip Girl, etc are good examples. And i'm not bashing, i watch and enjoy both those shows :) ) it's a character study, as many people have already said. It's about bringing in different people and making them do different things and having different opinions and seeing what that reveals about House, as people have previously pointed out.

ALL The relationships on the show reflect on House, whether they are between him and someone else or two different people. All the patients on the show reflect on House. Everything that happens on the show is one huge discovery thing about House. The wonderful thing about it is that you don't have to have House as your favorite character as the discovery of his psyche is happening, and every single character isn't 2-D to the extent that their personality to used purely to reflect on House, and they are always people. Some are liked for than others, that is obvious.

People find some 'ships on the show more preferable to others, for whatever reason. Our mistake as a fandom in general, is forgetting or over looking the point: that every character and relationship is brought into the show for a reason, and the show isn't just about one ship, because with that one ship you'd only discover one aspect of House.

The woman House is kissing in the show (who i will call TWHKs, as opposed to 'Bitch') represents everything that is wrong with the Huddy fandom. That name in particular. Calling her 'Bitch' shows a dislike without prior knowledge of her, just because people see her as getting in the way of Huddy. She isn't, as far as we know she relates to Cuddy in no way at all. She might - but only to draw a a reaction from Cuddy to see how House deals with that. It's not about Huddy, it's about bringing a new side to House.

All fans can forget that at points. When people say bad things about Huddy, when everything the show does (UMS/BSN, & TWHKs) seems like it's attacking your ship and making life sucky for you. It is very, very easy of us to become the way we have, and it's most likely to do with forgetting or over looking the point of it all and looking at the bigger picture, which is very hard, especially over the summer, i find, but also in the shows happenings while it is airing. This doesn't mean you can't enjoy a character or a ship of it itself, it's just when everyone forgets there IS a bigger picture, that's the problem, and i think( if i'm not tragically mislead and making a big fool of myself ) that's what's wrong.

and i know people have said this before, and made all these points, but i kinda wanted to clear it up in my own mind so i decided to post here to. Missy is right, in that everyone can do it, and blaming 'annoying newbies' just 'cause we don't know them as friends and know another side or 'cause this is the way they've kinda seen us act and thought it was the way we did things isn't right. Old fans are just the same, we can (and do) do the same things.

And i have to stop typing now, because i've just made a fool of myself repeating cleverer people points, bored people who did think i was onto something, and subsequently lost all feeling in my foot 'cause i had it at a weird angle while i was typing this ;) I hope people don't think i've been doing what i just had a rant against, but i doubt it because i don't think i've been on enough to annoy people :P
een jaar geleden babybell said…
Aww damn, i just wrote a huge thing saying one point... sorry guys ;)
een jaar geleden CJS-DEPPendent said…
I completely agree with everything that's being said here.
I'm guessing I would be considered a relatively 'new' fan (joined in october ...), but I do remember what this spot was like back then; there was a whole lot of order and, something which I found quite refreshing, no character bashing. (I still remember the shock of realising that there weren't any 'anti-hameron' picks or such like on here, when those were up everywhere else I'd been)

I admit that when I saw the promo for season 6, I, as someone said before me, 'flipped'. I was really angry because, as babybell pointed out, everything seems to have been going down hill for Huddy recently. But you guys are completely right, there is a bigger picture and this, what was it, babybell? TWHKs? (I like that :D) could do a whole lot of good for the show in terms of developing House's character and giving us a little more information about him.

I never really cared for Hameron because I don't particularly like the Cameron character, but I did absolutely love Hacy and totally shipped them during season 2 (until she left). I am aware that Huddy isn't the only thing happening in the show and agree that we all, or those that don't do so already, need to start to look at the general awesomeness that is the show 'House' rather than focusing on the ship and nothing else.

Essentailly, all I'm saying is, I agree with you all: there is a bigger picture. And this spot is not as it used to be (and I've only been here for 10 months ...). And as a, maybe, 'newer' fan, I think your idea for that article is excelent! If you had had such an article up when I first arrived, I would have gladly read it and followed with what it said, so I hope newer fans will do so too.

But while I agree with all that, I also have to agree with what Missy said and say that some times, newer fans do feel left out of the spot and like there is no palce for their opinions because of the reactions of older fans. So my opinion is that this article should be written (if it hasn't been written yet) as carefuly as possible so that the new fans feel accepted and can enjoy the spot as much as we used to (and hopefuly will again).

I think there's enough space on this spot for all the fans we have and more, we just need to, as, I think, Fabouluz said "lead by example".

Does that make any sense?

Any way, props to OM for starting this forum and caring enough about this spot to say what had to be said! :D
een jaar geleden CathCuddy said…
OM I totally agree. And sorry if I sound a little harsh but sometimes I feel like I'm around of screaming fangirls...

I love House, Cuddy and Huddy but the show it's about so much more! I loved Hacy it was so interesting to the characters! And watching the relationships with all of them, how they interact with each other it's great.

For example, in my opinion, at the beginning Cuddy and Cameron didn't get along so much... but I think that now it's totally different. I like study the whole show and see how everything evolutes.

And I just think that if people want to be the "screaming fans" they can but they have to understand that sometimes they make people a little bit uncomfortable...
een jaar geleden Belle0308 said…
I am going to throw my 2 cents in here. I think that with anything in life, it comes down to balance. I LOVE the show "House" because I like the show. One of the things I love best about it is Huddy. I am not a Hameron and I never got into Hameron because I frankly liked Chameron better. I was not a fan of Stacey either. I respected the fact House had a relationship with Stacey, but ...again...not my favorite. While I say what my preferences are, that doesn't mean that I feel everyone should think the same as me. YES, I would LIKE the producer to agree, but it's fairly obvious he will do what he wants.
The reason I joined the Huddy spot is because I work full time, have two kids and countless other things always going on in my life. The little time I have, I wanted to come to the spot with the larger amount of people who agree with me to get the most information on my favorite couple that is possible.
I hope no one thinks that is "bashing". I just found it easier to come here than to weed through all of the other spots.
I don't think anyone should get completely militant over any tv show. It isn't in our control. If I ever get to the point where it isn't an interesting show to me, I will leave it. I am not going to let it ruin my life. YES, I was a bit bummed over the Huddy situation at the end of last season, and while deep down I knew it wouldn't be real, I wanted it to be...but I didn't let it destroy my whole summer.
Maybe everyone could just take a step back and mellow. I think that there are "over the line" friends in every ship, if you know what I mean.
^beautifully said!
een jaar geleden durossa said…
hmmm
I agree, but I'm not sure if it's so much an over-obsession with Huddy as an over-obsession with the lives, personalities, and interactions with fictional characters. I think everybody here just needs to bear in mind that none of these characters are real people and that what goes on in their own lives in infinitely more important than that of a character they watch onscreen. Characters, actors, television shows, etc. should not be idolized by the public because they are there for entertainment purposes only. Everyone needs to learn to separate fantasy form reality and to deduce what is plausible and what is not.

Side note: I am fairly new to fanpop and I only began watching the show regularly mid-way through season 4, I believe. I was also a Hameron shipper, albeit a not-very-avid one, mainly because the first few episodes I saw portrayed Cuddy as the "Evil Boss Lady." Once I got a better feel for the show I switched to Huddy.