Huddy Change in Season 6 Huddy?

Ladyluck523 posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:07AM
I was talking to some regulars on another spot and one of them was saying that they felt there was an awkwardness in the new Huddy scenes because of the hallucinated sex. I answered that I thought it was also because House was trying to change and that they were both figuring out their new boundaries.
However, something still bugged me about that answer and I thought about it some more.
I think I just figured out the difference in the new Huddy scenes.
The sexual tension is gone. House is usually leering at Cuddy in some way but that hasn't happened yet this season. Instead, he knows he wants more than just the sex. He looks at her longingly now. He wants to be the man with Cuddy.
Do you guys see this too or am I imagining it?

Huddy 24 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden bones3 said…
worried
Great post! Their interactions are more, well, mature. No snarky comments from either. And no sexual tension? It's kind of dull, really. My thinking is that House is trying to move on, to forget Huddy, so to speak. Yet he is showing Cuddy respect and being nice. Of course, Cuddy's being kind and mature and certainly won't let their friendship slide. Her attention keeps the flame alive. Oh, I am SO starving for Huddy!!!! Season Six is boring me to tears, and I hate to say that out loud.
een jaar geleden karenpoland said…
I haven't seen enough of scenes to see a change yet.or maybe I'm just not noticing it yet? I need and want more scenes.
een jaar geleden pumpkinpie99 said…
totally agree!!!!!!!!! its kind of a shame i do reli miss the old scenes hopefully they'll be back. im not so sure i like this new house, i think im happier when the tension is there, i don't know what to think if they do actualy get together, cause firstly it means we've kind of got what we want, but it also means that we have nothing else worth fighting towards, and i'll always remember that they won't last, lets face it :(

hmmmmm :/
een jaar geleden Mafz said…
i think so, too. i mean house is really tryng to change and that shows in the way he now talks to cuddy and it deff explains why he barely looks at her, i think sexual tension will be on hold for a while :/
oh, and cuddy is being a great friend giving him space and not asking him things that could be embarrasing for him, i like that attitude :D
een jaar geleden Ladyluck523 said…
I wouldn't say this season is boring. It's had some great ethical dilemnas.
But there's no snap, crackle or pop in the Huddy scenes currently. It feels like House and Cuddy are holding back and being very cautious with one another. There's none of that famous combativeness and bantering. But we've only had 3 eps with them together and very few Huddy scenes in them. Huddy was supposed to go on the backburner for a bit so things could still heat up.
een jaar geleden koch89 said…
hmmm
I think it to early to totally lose hope! DS and company promised they would still have the sexual tensions and Lady luck is right huddy was supposed to go on the back burner for a while. this new behaivor is suposedly going to drive cuddy nuts after he dose not really fight for her when he finds out about lucas! Supposedly he trying to give them space because he loves cuddy and wants her to be happy even if it breaks his heart. but it turns out dating lucas is not really making her happy and at one point she want house to change her mind! I am sure after lucas leaves things will be somewhat back to normal. kristin even said that there would not be much huddy action until after episode 10. These episode will have of course there funny moments but in reality the huddy moments during the lucas arc might be very serious because it not only showing that cuddy really does have feeling for house, but it also shows how far house love really goes for her. He for once in his damn life is not being a selfish jerk. I also think he still kind of embaressed about the whole fake sex thing. I also should mention that LE did say that cuddy is having a bit of hard time getting back in sync with him in the beginning so i think this might be the type of atmospher she refering too. i could be wrong but it just some food for thought guys. Don't lose hope!
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden jtara said…
I noticed it too, but I believe you can still see how House feels about her, Cuddy has been different, but I suspect its because she has been in a relationship with Lucas this whole time, so naturally she isnt going to be all over House.
Eps 6 (Brave Heart) finally has some of the old Huddy back. The bantering and sexual tension. Cuddy WAS more reserved. I DO think Lucas is in the picture now even if he hasn't been shown.
If you notice he was whistling as he came into the differential scene after his run-in with Cuddy and the med students. He was happy.
een jaar geleden huddyislove said…
awww yeah. I noticed he was happy :)))))

and I knew she was dating Lucas since she made that face (see below) in Instant Karma
 awww yeah. I noticed he was happy :))))) and I knew she was dating Lucas since she made that face (s
Which scene was this? Was this when they finally had a scene alone at the nurses station?
een jaar geleden Belle0308 said…
This is my take for what it is worth.
One thing is, WE have changed. Which of us was not changed in some way by the season finale and/or the season premier? It was as if much of what we knew was replaced by something totally different. They did kiss, they didn't have sex, House thought they did, Cuddy didn't. Cuddy obviously eventually found out that he was hallucinating that, but does she know the full extent?
So on one hand, we know things that they don't fully know. That gives us a totally different perspective. Plus, we don't really take their playfulness for granted anymore knowing that he obviously believes in his heart that at some level, she is his savior.

I felt in the beginning that there was something lacking in the "normal" Huddy relationship. of course AGAIN...we know something he doesn't and that is that she is apparently dating Lucas. What we know that SHE doesn't know is that he had sex with Lydia. This brings me to the real change. House is, I think, trying to be a little more real with her. "Brave Heart" brought me back to where I felt that they were before the "non-real Huddy sex".
"I can see your nipples, your turn.."...classic House to Cuddy line. On the other hand, we see them in a different encounter towards the end of the episode. When he says he was getting into the whole "hot for teacher thing"...his words, his look, he seems somewhat serious. Then he asks what about "them"...and you feel that he is somewhere between wanting a legitimate answer and not wanting the rejection. Cuddy gives him the only diplomatic answer she can when she tells him they are good just as they are. My guess is that she knows she is in another relationship, but she doesn't want to flat turn him down because deep down, she knows she can't really say "No" to him. Don't we all know that? And the part where I am going to differ on the "spark" being changed is when he gets as close to her as he can without touching her and says, "You do make me feel funny." He knows that she is his if he plays his cards right...it's always been about the timing, and about them both knowing that if they screw it up, the stakes are really high. They seem to get higher every year.

Huddy is as hot as ever, but it continues to progress and change and become more deep and demanding as time goes on. "Huddy" isn't to be ignored for much longer. It all has to come to a head.

een jaar geleden MoniBolis said…
Well say Belle0308
@Belle - It's a good point you make about the audience knowing more than either House or Cuddy and yes that does color our perceptions. As I said in the above, the earlier eps had less of the sexual element. House and Cuddy are both trying to redefine their boundaries and House knows he wants something more than just the sex with Cuddy.
In Brave Heart eps House actually asks, "What about us?" which is a big step for him. In his mind there IS an "us" and he is trying to be serious and mature about it. It was Cuddy who deflected that time because she is already involved with Lucas. He's gotten more sexual this eps because he's getting his mojo and confidence back. He's the alpha male and it would be hard to supress that. I found it telling that after his epiphany he was willing to stop and invade her space to tell her, "You do make me feel funny." Usually after his epiphanies, he's all about the puzzle and ignores everything else (Remember his epiphany just as Wilson was about see his brother after years of being lost?)
I agree the stakes seem to get higher every year but they've gotten closer and closer every year as well. If Huddy (or actually the lack of) is dragged out much longer than this season I think the fans will lose interest.
een jaar geleden MoniBolis said…
Some people will lose interest, but the "will they? won't they?" is one of the oldest tricks not just in TV but in storytelling in general. And people love it and will follow that for years.

Mulder and Scully, Tony and Angela, Booths and Bones, Kermit and Peggy, Batman and Catwoman
een jaar geleden shopgirl66 said…
Belle amazing point. Wow. You have me convinced now..and given me hope too...agree with you on everything you've said.
heart
Wow, the power of speech you guys have!!!!!!!

I'm amazed!!!
You really said it all!

and I would just like to add,
that, from this point, there is no coming back.

Writers don't know how to postpone the Huddy hook up, so they drag them around, making more obstacles as the time goes.
And, eventually, they'll get them together,
cause, Huddy, really, really is an End Game :))))
oh, and I forgot to answer , LL- that icon is from that scene in the nurse station :P
The comment about Huddy being dragged out beyond this season and fans losing interest, I guarantee you, the writers feel the opposite. For as long as you keep the "will they? won't they?" people will be interested.

It is VERY hard if not impossible to have Huddy have its heated scenes, full of sexual tension if they allow these 2 to sleep together. Acting wise and writing wise. My money is on the fact that these 2 two will always play this game, and never have that "need" satisfied, because the entertainment is in watching them squirm for it.
I enjoy the back and forth but I also want to see how House does in a full blown relationship. It will be something to be explored for House's character. I think the writers can keep it interesting.
een jaar geleden Belle0308 said…
jtara,
I completely understand what you are saying. It's called the "Moonlighting Curse" and the biggest problem I have with it is that I watched Moonlighting, first run...it was one of my favorites. I felt that they waited TOO long for them to get together and that was the problem. PLUS...after they got together they tried to go back to them having issues. This is where I think that they made the mistake:

Waiting too long, because it was unnatural at some point.
Trying to go back to where they were before, instead of giving them new relationship issues to solve.

I believe that there COULD be a way to make this work. If they DID get together, how would they handle things at work? How do they tell their co-workers...Wilson...how does House deal with Rachel? How do they progress as a couple? Does he let her into his protected inner core? Does she trust him enough to let him in? I mean, they could make it interesting. With all of that said, I don't think that they will give us any sort of a committed Huddy relationship this season for sure. Next season depends on if it gets renewed or not. My biggest fear is that they put it off for too long and then it doesn't get renewed at some point and there is no time to write it in.
big smile
Oh, Belle... don't worry... they're smart, they'll handle it well :)))

and I do think that Huddy relationship can be really interesting.
everything you said and more, could be toyed with ;)

I don't think Huddy could ever become boring XD
Well HL and I believe LE are signed for at least season 7 and considering it's the most watched show on earth I'm pretty sure it will be renewed. My guess is that Huddy will slowly grow this season and by the finale something will have happened so that the next step is a relationship...which they will explore next season.
Belle, I agree with you. I think if written correctly, it could work. I just am not sure if the writers are confident in that. Huddy will never be the normal run of the mill "Honey can you pick up eggs on the way home?" boring couple. I think if written correctly, their relationship can be very entertaining.
**WARNING - Spoilery info in this post**

Just an interesting tidbit. I saw on GregY's twitter page that Hoselton writes eps 9. He also wrote "Airborne" and "Joy" arguably the 2 most Huddy-centric eps of the show so far. We know eps 9 is when House uses the L word so I'm very hopeful that there will be good Huddy in this eps EVEN with Lucas being there.