Huddy Speculation

Belle0308 posted on Jan 04, 2010 at 04:07AM
Just thinking ahead a little. Last year they gave us Huddy hints ALL SEASON only to bitterly disappoint us in the end. This season there hasn't been a lot of Huddy and I am wondering if the opposite will happen then? Maybe we get the big Huddy fun at the END of the season?

Any ideas. YES..I am wishful thinking. It's a past time of mine.

Huddy 120 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 120

een jaar geleden oldmovie said…
I desperately want this to happen, or maybe just give us little Huddy scenes, more like the old seasons, just to make us smile and continue hope.

I could honestly use just some cute short scenes instead of the angst right now, it would be nice for them to be fun again :)

ANYWAYS (after that ramble) I really hope you're right, I actually think if they got together they could produce some very interesting tv lol.
een jaar geleden Beatrix8520 said…
hmmm
I truly believe you're on the right track Belle. On my mind it doesn't make sense if you don't.
First season 5 was all about Huddy. We had never seen so many Huddy moments all together in House history, let alone in just one season. Every episode was dotted with hints, glances, hopes, sighs....and finally the slap in the face! We all know that was not just the writers being mean....they ALL probabily thought it was too soon....that having three more House seasons ahead, House and Cuddy coulnd't end up together so soon. The Amber-alluciantion was their last card, a coupe de theatre that honestly worked quite well if you watch it from a Housian angle....
Season 6 started with no Huddy but they are keeping on adressing it from Epic Fail...and ep after ep the hints are getting more and more evident. I think they are just trying to make it more exahusting and suffering for us to watch. And yes, they are gonna add new elements in order to make it even more complicated for them in the end to be together.
But ultimately I think they will HAVE TO. They can't prolong it any longer, 'cause they would seriously risk to lose a wide range of viewers. You can jerk fans around once in a lifetime...and they did it brilliantly on my mind. Both Side Now was intriguing, sad, compelling, shocking, moving...it got us all angry and despair at the same time. But a "remake" would be too much to stand.
So yes, I agree the lack of significant hints is definetely a good sign. It means there's a lot ahead they're desperately trying to keep for themselves. Elsewhere woulnd't have any sense: every word, every glance, every step House have made during this season would be useless and meaningless without a final reward....instant karma remember? Well...not that instante ok....let's say delayed karma, shall we? ;)
een jaar geleden Mafz said…
well i really have no idea what will the writers do, but i sure hope you're right :D
hold on to those optimistic thoughts cause i just can't, right now...
een jaar geleden Belle0308 said…
I am just ready for some sort of Huddiness again. It's a loooooong dry spell and I have to figure out in my mind what could possibly be the best thing to happen. Of course, the track record of the love lives of the other House characters haven't been real good. The only one in a consistent relationship at all is Taub and we don't see a while lot of that. Pretty much Chameron seems done and so does Foreteen. We don't even want to touch the Wilson issues.
Lets hope for better for our favorite couple.
een jaar geleden Kaddison said…
hmmm
From what I see now, the best we can hope for is reestablished Huddy friendship for the remainder of season 6. We've been given hints that Cudas is going to continue for some more episodes (for the very least) and from there it's just a couple more until the finale. No time to build up any sort of Huddy romance because it would come across too unbelievable and easy and on [H]ouse, things are never easy. My guess is that we either get one blow of a finale or a Huddy hook-up in s7 only. Ergo: Huddy friendship 4 now if we are lucky!

But to be frank, I'd be grateful for anything remotely friendly now, the temperature between them is approaching ICE Age! And that makes me sad :(
hmmm
You got a point Kaddison but we should keep in mind that 3 or 2 episodes sometimes are, if not enough to build a romance, quite enough to make crucial things happen. I know Luddy will be there for a long time but maybe they are planning to build Huddy while she still hasn't made up her mind....Just a thought, but this would definetely buy them some time, giving the chance to explore Huddy and at the sime time save the big surprise for the finale, when Cuddy finally give in to her feelings and to House. In this way, season six could start with Huddy at some point of their relationship....I don't know, it makes sense to me, to you? What's the meaning of Luddy if not giving them the chance to make Huddy develope through gelousy and fear of loss? According to one of the latest still unproven spoilers though, House is going to date someone else....maybe they are planning to make the events precipitates by getting Cuddy jelous. What do you think? Too predictable?
I am taking a guess that if House dates someone else, it would indeed be in order to make Cuddy jealous. At this point, we all KNOW House loves Cuddy, we know that Cuddy has always loved House. She is running. Maybe she runs right into House instead of staying put with Lucas.

Beatrix is right in that it could develope quickly. I mean look how quickly things moved last year?...Hard to know what is going to happen.
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden bluehue said…
hmmm
hmmmm....many a furrowed brow here on the Huddy Forum....reading, thinking, reading, thinking. SO many good ideas to wonder about. I’m just going to play with your thoughts a little, if you don’t mind.

Events that closed out last season and now with the chilly Huddy cold snap going on, as Kaddison so aptly described...it does feel like we’ve been tear jerked around.
The hallucination (sex) was not about Huddy...because it takes TWO to tango. There was only ONE. So, maybe what happened is not so much a slap in the face (Beatrix), or even a bitter disappointment (Belle)...but only part of the flow of a different circumstance all together. Our feelings and Cuddy just got in the way. The last scene in her office before Mayfield...I thought, brought House & Cuddy together, AT LAST.
Instead, it only brought back the dead together with drug addiction - uniting House’s sense of loss and pain completely. Break down.

And now oldmovie, because of what DID happen..the writers cannot put House and Cuddy back in the place we fondly remember. We would not believe it.

It is not such an ordered universe..this “Housian” place, so the last card or “coupe de theatre” Beatrix..will not necessarily now free up the game for Huddy either. It seems there will always be another “wild card,” such as House dating someone else.
We all want to feel optimistic like Mafz. So, I agree with Kaddison again...a return to some kind of renewed or matured friendship for House & Cuddy is likely. Maybe “MATURED" friendship IS probably the last best hope...the reset button for Huddy, after all that has happened and will happen yet this season. Yes...maybe then they will both be READY for something, (right belle ! ?). Ok, I can sleep happy now.
Thanks guys.

bluehue,

You have some excellent points. I honestly am going to be happy for anything even semi better than a place where they are not really talking much anymore. I think that the saddest thing to me was that one of the most real moments between them all season was the dance, which we learned a lot about House's feelings (so did Cuddy) only to have a gigantic road block thrown down.

What would have happened if Cuddy hadn't been dating Lucas? We might never know.

What happens when there is eventually a timing that goes right between them? I HOPE that we will find out.

I think that Cuddy has had a "crush" of sorts on House for years. We knew House had some serious Cuddy lust going on. It wasn't until probably last year that I think we realized he viewed her as such an important part of his life. Maybe that is one of the harsh parts of this whole season. He DOES seem to be moving on. He will always be House but, Cuddy seemed to have a deep affection for the man even at his lowest. That seems to be the true part of the Wilson/Cuddy/House friendship.

At this point I am just blabbing. I could go on and on about this forever. I have recently been watching re-runs and I see the Huddy scenes and maybe I am a fool and I just believe that this wasn't all built on to add up to zero.

Oh WOW...I am feeling a little all together Huddy/Hulu Hopeless at the moment. I GOTTA snap out of it.
Ok I have thinking about it all day....don't worry I'm quit good at multitasking so I do not really waste my days locked up in my room thinking obsessively about Huddy ;) I have learnd to push it to the back of my mind, processing along the hours. Here's what I've come up with.

First I want to assure Bluehue we NEVER mind her words game ;) Please never change, unless you want us to get bored to death around here. Belle and I are too romantic and Huddopless (Thta' should be for Hilly...she loves this things: Huddy + hopeless = Huddopless XD) so we tend to end up being depressed at the end of every Huddy centric convertations we have....Kaddison is awesome, but as you can read, she is realistic and pragmatic :P so she doesn't help....she probabily want me to jump off a cliff with her...something like "I run out of hope and so you'll do too" :P ( Just kidding Kaddy, love ya :*)
But I am babblling...I wa saying it gives us hope somebody who is actually able to enlighten up our spirits once in a while...make us all remember we are not actually talking of international security issues so there's no need to be so tense!!!!! RELAX!!!! :D

Now, as you have said, it was not really a slap in the face because it takes two of them to be a truly Huddy moment we could be upset for....and still it takes two actors to shot that scene which doesn't looks less real just because in the "reality" of the show it never happened. It happened for House and showed him how much he desired Cuddy and I bet it happened in Cuddy's dirty dreams a thousands times before XD...so yes our feelings and Cuddy probabily got in the way but it was intentional, all along, from both the writers and the creators, that these elements got in the way. They're part of the Housian world as much as every lines delivered by the two of them I believe...they WANTED us to feel that way about them....as if paradise was at hand's reach.

On the other hand, I believe what Kaddison said is the most probable thing to happen if things could go slow and fans weren't craving for something much more compelling...they'll have to meet their pubblic's wishes sooner or later and I think 6 seasons o banter and sufference are probabily enough.
Besides as I said on the last pick I answered to, sounds to me like this season could be in someway about reaching some sort of emotional balance between House and Cuddy. As if love is not enough unless you can prove it just right and in the same amount of share: from this point you can build whatever you want 'cause trust is something you feel, inexplicably, deep inside when you know somebody loves you as much as you do....it conquers it all in double quick time.

I am still going with the idea they are going to make things happen quickly in a fistful of eps, sounds pretty enough to me.
Besides after all this water beneath the bridge I couln't picture anybody to come back to their old unbalanced emotional routine....I know I couldn't. There are just things you just can't come back from.

ps. I really like this thread....gives me relief to give vent to my thouughts and feelings. :) Thanks Belle! And i just love conversations with you Kaddison and Bluehue ;). So stimulating!
I don't believe in torture - Beatrix...so I'll spare you my attempts at "writing" in Italian. Anyway..it was like a horrible experiment of a mad scientist...because I really only studied LATIN for 4 years...a dead language..but I can spell really well now. I may surprise you now & again.

Yes...I agree this thread is like a candle light vigil for us Huddies. Let's AGREE that we ALL know this is NOT the most important thing in the world...OF COURSE ! We have NOT lost our minds. We just share a House-Huddy hobby & it's fun. I think of this like a BOOK CLUB - except the books we are discussing are the EP's, etc. My husband plays basketball twice a week with friends...and so he understands completely..this is like one of my little fun things to do.

I too..multi-task Beatrix..so I know exactly what you mean.
You guys are NOT babbling, rather you are CONTRIBUTING, making the Huddy site seem alive and well. Yes, I too recognize Kaddison seems to be a realist....which is good in the mix - I hope she knows.
I enjoyed the Huddopless word - really cute.

p.s. I like this thread too...at least it's buzzing a little. See om...there is a pulse..we are talking !

Here's an old expression for you..(beatrix) "The more the merrier."
More on the actual topic later, later, later, as time allows.
So keep the "Huddy vigil" going, when the muse hits you.

Bluehue back to work work work work now ! XO
laugh
I am laughing so loud!!! XDDDD
big smile
I LOVE YOU GIRLS!! You just made my day reading your comments.

I told the women I work with that I have to leave tonight in time to accept my PCA with Hugh. They just shake their heads at me. YES I am crazy and I have totally Huddopless, but at least I have fun. ; )

Better run, lunch is almost over.

I will write more later!
Soon there will be a new EP to toss around..thank goodness.
Just 1 more little thought along this thread/topic...picking up where comments above left off or suggested.

Keep in mind that I am still very crushed at the lost opportunity for Cuddy to empathize more with House and what he went through at Mayfield - because I had imagined what that might look like over the Summer hiatus, & then, nothing. Cry cry.

So far this season it has been light on Huddy tho underneath all the newest Lucas story lines we STILL keep getting those piercing glances back n forth between Cuddy & House. Maybe even a little bit more expression coming FROM Cuddy's eyes. It's like she is not really sure about what she is doing, OR those looks show she is resisting what her heart is telling her. Anyway, this season - the eye contact seems to be all the writers are giving us as possible hints or clues that something still stirs between the two. They both have such painful killer eyes ! !

You make me laugh too beatrix. Just recently, when you said on a Pick, "Could someone hit Cuddy on the head with a can." I totally lost it.
We know what you meant...to get her back on track.

laugh
XDDD I do my best Bluhue to cheer you up with my mental funny crazy pictures of me dragging away Cuddy from Lucas, putting her firmly on her feet in front of House crying "Are you nuts? have you lost your mind? what the hell is wrong with you woman??? are you really wasting monthes of crazy passionate sex (credit: Belle) with Mr Hotness just in order to prove some stupid point on you being an adult, able to move on??? you moron! Goddamnit, what the heck, holy crap....(I could go on for ever with it :P )

Anyway I think we feel exactly the same way about this season Blue....eye contact seems to me the only thing we have left too.....in order to not lose our minds and could still believe in Huddy. I got the same impression as you about Cuddy sort of resisting to her heart wishes...sth like a mind over matter inner struggle she is suffuring from I would bet can't last more than another 3 or 4 eps....I would bet on it, yeah...if we weren't talking about House, an universe where everything and the contary of everything is always possible, and we can't rely on anything except our bruised little hearts =,)

Cheers Ladies ;)
Bea...I LOVE YOU!
Ok, so this is the deal with those eyes of theirs. There is really no words to describe the beauty of those two communicating with their eyes. Honestly, it's hotter than walking on coals. So even the "crumbs" we are thrown are pretty rich tasting imo.

I am not sure why but those two have a story deeper than any one episode of House or even half of a season. While I am totally hungry right now for anything Huddy, it is still keeping me hanging on. I couldn't totally starve with those looks.
smile
Also, the fact that H & L were sitting together at the awards show gives me reason to suspect/hope that the writers/producers/TPTB want to keep Huddy in the spotlight.

Hmmm....just speculation of course.
een jaar geleden Delia_Beatrice said…
Yes, we are officially sick. Does anyone know a good doctor?:)
Guys, your inputs were great to read, thank you for caring:))))) Here is what i think:
1. i doubt the fact that House and Cuddy will go back to being friends. That can only happen if he stops loving and wanting her (and i do not want that to happen). Otherwise, it's pretty clear that at this point, he cannot even stand to look at her and talk to her, that is the extent to which he is hurt and disappointed. How could he get over his feelings just like that and try to be just friends? I cannot imagine a broken hearted and madly in love House settling for mere friendship with Cuddy. Not anylonger, not since his own feelings have become clear to him. From what i have heard, the next eps (after 11) will show us a VERY angry House, out of his mind with pain and passion. I cannot see how that can all melt down into friendship again. I honestly believe it will be all or nothing with them, and soon.
2. I still have not heard a reliable piece of info on the extent of Lucas' presence on the show. Of course, they will probably not be open about it, because the news of his departure date will open the door for wild speculation on the "why" and "what then". But i feel that Cuddy's illusion that she can have this "normal" life and be happy with it is bound to kick her in the face - and SOON. I still have my hopes regarding the famous episode 14. When she weighs the decision to leave PPTH, she is bound to weigh her feelings for House too. My guess is, she will try to leave the hospital as the final step in this whole "my new normal life without House in it" thing, but she won't be able to. She will realize that she cannot do that without breaking her own heart in pieces and she'll realize that however scared she might be to get involved with House, there is no living without loving him:))))))
Also, have you noticed how tired and sad and weary Cuddy looks lately? It's not Edelstein, Lisa E. looks her usual fabulous self. It's Cuddy - they are making her look in complete contradiction to her own proclamation of new found happiness...
3. Belle, i have been on an old episodes marathon myself:) I refuse to admit that they have built Huddy up so beautifully and carefully for nothing. I just cannot even stand to harbour such a thought in my mind! It makes no sense. They have built it up and they are still building it up and the climax is near. Has to be, God damn it...
4.I did this little experiment - i watched "House's Head" and "Wilson's Heart" one evening and the next evening i watched "Under My Skin" and "Both Sides Now". They felt like such a wonderful continuum, underlined by Amber's presence! House's evolution and the evolution of Huddy between these two season finales are amazing. And one little thing: i am under the impression that the jacket Cuddy wears in "House's Head" (in several scenes, including the scene with the mouth-to-mouth on the bus, a grey jacket) is the very same grey jacket she wears in "Under My Skin". Maybe i'm tired and just seeing things, but if that is true, just how amazing is that, to draw such a parallel?...
Belle, i am sorry, i have just landed from my annual trip on the moon... What awards did they sit together at? And where can i see that, kiss the pictures and prey that all hope will not die in my heart?
got it, kissed it, they were great.
wink
Delia_Beatrice...I am SOO sorry I was so slow on the draw here and getting you the info on those pictures.

I certainly agree with you on the points you make regarding the old episodes, the building on.
I saw the one interview again the other day where Hugh said that they can't have House be happy or it wouldn't be House.
I have long stood by the theory that if House and Cuddy got together, everything wouldn't have to be insanely happy. That isn't normal life. I think that he and Cuddy could have a relationship with ups and downs and lots of passion and fever and still tension at work and problems and blah blah. It would require some insane writing, but I have faith it could be done.

Of course, I never know what my favorite couple have in store ahead for them. I just can't help it won't be a little more than a bad ending.
DB, annual trip to the moon huh? How was it there?

smile
Maybe I am losing it but...could we really be all so wrong? I mean if we all feel and think the same about the Huddy issue ( now I do am talking as if it is a national security issue :p) maybe we are right....maybe we are really seeing it from the right angle.

That would definetely mean sth...we are alligning with the planets Blue ;) that's huge XD

I hope Delia is right about everything she said. I agree 200% with her. And the same goes with Belle's opinion: passion and fever would mean tension and tension would mean insane writing...they would be gods if they succeded. Let's hope they really are ;)
Oh, the trip to the moon was as great as ever - Huddy looks the same if viewed from up there, by the way:)))
How about those tiny dance shoes Lisa had on with that beautiful dress? Is she injured somehow, or was that just a fashion statement?:) However, she's got some nerve!

Oh, Belle, i would love it if you were right - about the possibility to fit long term Huddy into the show! I'm afraid i can only draw pictures of Huddy in my head up to a certain moment (and very vivid pictures they are, sometimes:))))) I mean, right now i have a whole scenario regarding this Cuddy-centric episode, but i cannot go any further than an episode or two.
In time, i have imagined a hundred different ways for them to openly declare their love and have a few wonderfully sexy and romantic and deep and meaningful moments. But beyond that, fitting Huddy as a real couple's day to day life in the show - that i cannot picture.
And this is not because i don't believe it can be done - not at all. And of course, it's NOT because i don't want it done... God, noooo. It's just because it would have to be considerably different to the regular "House" ways, and i can't imagine how the writers will see fit to do it, which creative ways they'll choose to make it happen and still keep "House" being "House".

Of course, in my very sunny moments, i think that season 6 in its whole (so far) prepared us for this change. I mean, look at it: we got used to House being softer, we got used to little domestic life scenes with Cuddy (and the VERY WRONG man!!!!), AND we got used to House not living alone, sharing his life with Wilson, giving up on the heavy alcohol and the hookers, trying to have a more "normal" life. I mean, it would have been a huge leap to have House move in with Cuddy and Rachel last season, because it would have been a radical difference to the status-quo, but that is no longer true in season 6, is it?...

The truth is, at this point, the return to any phase of previous seasons Huddy history would make me happy, opposed to the current Ice Age. But that would make no sense to the whole story, they have come a long way and turning back would be unrealistic. So i'm guessing what we'll get is different and new... and wonderful, at least for a while. The particular subject of duration is very painful and frightening to me. I'm afraid the writers will fear sticking with solid Huddy togetherness for too long... Even if that is not really fair, is it? Why the hell not piss off the other fandoms for a season or two? We've surely had our fair share of suffering...
Of course, i particularly fear the season finale, for pretty obvious reasons. I actually believe they would be cruel enough to give us a few episodes of amazing Huddy and then come up with an unbelievable horrible shocking twist and blow everything to pieces...
Guys, i know Aussiello is soooo NOT a reliable source, but he got my head spinning with his last "House" scoop: that there is a marriage proposal in the second half of the season (you can all imagine the turn my Huddy fantasies are now taking:)))))))), even if i have a nasty feeling it's Boreteen or something...) and that our dear friend Lydia will be a presence in the episode directed by Hugh Laurie. The only thing i can think of in regard to this particular piece of gossip is: shit, no, go away, woman! Far, far away, and take darling Lucas with you and never ever come back on this planet!
god damn it, perhaps the proposal is from Lucas to Cuddy. Hell, no! Could all those rumors have been right?... I have heard talk about this for a long time, but i chose not to listen. Damn it, woman, i hope you say no.
It's so cozy here....in our padded little cell. Welcome moon traveler.

I don't really follow the spoilers except thru fans here. In regards to this "proposal," a few of us are pushing the "WIlson Foiled Date Theory." Tenants of H/W's new loft all think they are gay. Wilson fake "proposes" to House to ruin a date with a woman they are both "lusting" after. This makes sense to me. TV land does not allow a wedding to occur in back to back seasons in the same show.

Also, I think House is going to "mention" Lydia, I have not heard if she will actually appear. IMO, House SHOULD speak of Lydia. For the sake of story continuity, this would help connect Mayfield & "Broken" to PPTH & S-6.

Some of you, & myself included are wanting to see some of the old Huddy fun n games. For now, that slack is taken up by House/WIlson escapades.
Also, because we can't count hallucination sex, the only tension that is out of the bag is Luddy. Because Luddy are..yikes ! "doing it," House & Cuddy can't play 'cause their games are based or rather steeped in sexual tension.

I can see why, as D-B mentioned above...we are gonna see an ANGRY House...dam it - he's all better now and wants to play & P.I. guy stole his favorite toy ! ! ! I'm just hoping that some kind of totally unexpected, unscripted Huddy-a-thon night of passion drives a stake thru Lucas once and for all...either that, or Beatrix will quite literally drag Lucas off by his heels.

big smile
You can bet on that, I swear I'll do! XD This guy and his "Cool, uh?" really makes me feel like I need to smash sth over my head to ease the nausea....I can have quite violent phisical reactions when it comes to Luddy...I still feel my stomach aching for that scene in the couch and I am not sure how am I gonna cope after the shower scene...maybe I should take pills, or maybe my boyfried will need to give me some smelling salts after that XD
Bluehue, YEAH!!!!!!!! I think you are right, i had not seen that scene when Wilson proposes. I hope that's true, and it's gotta be, because if they do not do consecutive weddings in tv shows, they probably don't do serial marriage proposals either, right?...

Beatrix, i agree with you a million percent and then some. I want Lucas out so badly. But about that insufferable shower scene, i have a STRONG feelings that the writers will not dare throw that in our face and not compensate for it big time. I think the Cuddy episode begins with the shower scene with Lucas and ends with a beautiful scene with House. That's got to be it, can you imagine the hate waves and the hate mail if they dare push that much Luddy down our throats and no good Huddy to restore order in the universe?:)

Also, Bluehue, i agree on the Lydia topic - he should have spoken to either Wilson or Cuddy about her. But then again, "Broken" was so completely out of the regular Housian space. I was (and still am) soooo angry at the fact that Cuddy was not mentioned even once in "Broken" and no hint whatsoever was made at her and what she means to House. That was just so unfair... But yeah, i think Lydia will come up again in "The Conversation That Will Explain It All" - i have a dream. Yeah, i have a dream, that i will live to see a complete truth moment, in which both House and Cuddy explain to eachother and to us why the hell they both slept with different people while being still madly in love with each other. Yeah, that's right, "House" team!!!!!! I would really like to hear it, as a feeble compensation for our pain...
As for an actual return of Lydia, i fear it. I fear it because i couldn't bring myself to like her, i was in such big shock and disappointment because of the fact that Huddy was completely thrown out of the picture in "Broken". That felt so unnatural... And not just the sex with Lydia, but come on, for God's sake, House chased her, wanted her, asked her to stay, reached emotional intimacy, held her fucking hand... Things he could never do with Lisa, things he still cannot do with Lisa, not even now... What the fuck???? How am i supposed to like Lydia, really?...
Delia I do undestand your feelings against Lydia...but I think you're looking at her "story" with House from the wrong angle. Try to think about it from a different perspective....if you don't mind I'll try get you see it from my point of view...which is an inside viewpoint.

We know House allucinated the night he had been dreaming about unconscously for months with the woman he'd have liked to stay with. He felt finally almost happy for the very first time since...he did't even know how long it was since he last felt that way....he LET himself feel these emotions, after a very long time of emotional hibernation...and for "old House", we all know it was a HUGE step.

I would never forget House's look in the mirror "the morning after": the tiny, crooked smile depicted on his lips at the thought of the flavor of Cuddy's kisses, bruising the lipstick on the corner of his mouth....I would never forget the sparkling in his eyes the morning he showed up at work sort of humming :) causing his team to exchange allarmed glances....

He was sort of ready to run the risk, say it loud...be a man. Then he discovered it was all a dream..something his mind has made up in order to cope with the reality of his lonliness and sense of guilt.

The man we found in Broken is, as a matter of fact...broken. Detox had started healing him just partially. As Wilon has pointed out millions of times House's greatest nightmare has always been the thought of losing his edge: he has always thought that his talent was due to Vicodin which allowed him to cope with the pain and give him the chance to be his old-self again, the one nobody has ever met but Cuddy.

Cuddy wasn't in Mayfield and even if she had, she couldn't have helped him....
First, if she had been there, he would have felt ashamed, unable to concentrate on what was wrong with him....he would have been too distracted about what his allucination have meant.
Second, as far as Cuddy is concerned, we should keep in mind she probabily felt totally overwhelmed by a situation she dind't expect or could predict and she surely felt unable to handle at the moment....she was totally oblivious about House's feelings towards her BTW, as he had brilliantly (*cough, cough*) forced her to believe he felt nothing about her and so she kept thinking SHE was the one who loved him whereas HE was the one who just had some sort of whim for her.

Now, as they couldn't be there one for each other, House had to find someone else to count on for feeling alive again....someone he could trust besides his psychiatrist who encouraged him in deed: Lydia helepd him reconnecting with people, feeling again emotions, trust, friedship and even love in a way he had forgot.

The emotional intimacy you're refering to...the very fact he asked her to stay....they are not due to the strengh of his feelings for her, but to the fact he feared he would have lost his new balance all of a sudden....He thought she was the reason he had been able to get back on top and feared he could fall back without her backing him up...but turned out he was wrong....'cause she was nothing but a friend who helped him through a difficult time. She could be there for him because sometimes people we barely know are easiest to open up with, without any fears of being judged or hurt.

Huddy has been there all along...even if it didn't show up. Besides we have all seen their embarassment when they first met alone in Epic Fail...I must admit at first I didn't like that scene, but watching it over again...the way the eye each other up is masterly...there's more hotness there than in any scene House shot with Lydia.

So, as Lucas is nothing but Cuddy little experiment...her try at normality before giving in to her true feelings for a man she's always been crazy for, Lydia was nothing but a woman who remembered House how to be human again, with no fears of loving wholeheartedly...the fact he "loved" her, it's merely relevant, 'cause if she showed up in the future...he would probabily give his try at normality but would soon find out that normal is overrated (once again, credit: Belle) and that the way he feels about Cuddy happens just once in a lifetime. The same goes for her of course....I believe if Lydia really showed up again, Cuddy would feel so gelous and suddenly unsure that SHE would throw herself to him, Lucas or not Lucas....That's the best we can hope ;)

I hope I dind't bore you to death
D-B. Please let me try to give you another perspective on Lydia..along with Beatrix...ha! (We both submitted our comments at the same time !).

I loved the scene with Lydia at Mayfield. WHY you are screaming ?! Because Lydia was a bridge to Cuddy. Just like, hold your noses, Lucas may be a bridge to House. What's across the bridge ? Huddy-Land. Like the stand alone "Broken", I believe Lydia was an interlude, a brief encounter, one song, one dance. They made that fairly clear.

Just like the meds Dr. Nolan prescribed for House to help clear his mind, Lydia was similarly a vital dose, to open House up, to give him the chance and the permission to need someone. Without Lydia, House may very well be still stumbling around in the dark. He now knows he was focusing on the wrong things...with his father, with Wilson and with Cuddy.

The truly sad part...is that while all this was happening for House, Cuddy decided she had had enough already & moved on with her life. The 2 ships passing in the night thingy.

Now House is off drugs, emotionally "stable" to have a better idea of what he needs/wants. Dr. Nolan helped him realize he does not have to punish himself forever for his mistakes. Lydia in her "role" helped him realize he doesn't have to be alone - as Wilson has often remarked, "House, you'll end up alone."

Over the Summer, I imagined that Cuddy was WAITING for House. Instead, she moved on. Now we are forced to watch this new Lucas story line play out & to what end is what we speak of here, ad nauseum....we have exhausted ourselves. Yea fun ! So Beatrix, D-B, Belle & all drink plenty of fluids, rest up & ON with the show ! !

Hi Beatrix...just read your comments ABOVE me. Our timing is impeccable! If I was not already an identical twin...you could be my twin. At least we gave D-B something to think about - in regards to Lydia. I ENJOYED your comments up there too ! ! SO true. Ciao.

I couldn't have put it into words as you did BH ;) I loved the bridge metaphor and the one song, one dance immage...You have areal gift with words....hopefully I could do that with my mother tongue XD
Great comment you made....LOL! We could be really twins ;) But the very fact we feel exactly the same way about Lydia and the Luddy arc makes me believe we maybe havtrulye undestood the meaning of all this torturing love ballet....and hopefully we are starting to spot the light outside the tunnel ;)
Oh WOW! I leave for like 24 hours and you girls just go to town!

What great points!

I was sitting in an insanely boring meeting last night and this morning so of course I used my time wisely, thinking about Huddy. I TRIED really hard to distract myself by writing another, un-Huddy related piece of fiction...but it's hard.

Huddy...dear sweet Huddy. It's like the worse ache in the pit of my stomach this year and yet all at once, it can make me beyond estatic too.
Lydia as a bridge...I think SO. I saw it that way myself. Of course, I hate to say this, but I have nothing against Lydia. How can you blame a woman for going nuts over House? At the same time the only woman I can ever see House with IS Cuddy because she knows how to handle him, she is nuts over him and when all is said and done, there is no one that gives her the challenge he does. Lydia didn't see the selfish, two year old, fit throwing, game playing House that Cuddy sees.

Ok, so I love Wilson, but Wilson and Cuddy...never. Like that is how strong the Huddy is.

On to Lucas. I can't even begin to tell you that I don't like Lucas, because how can I dislike a guy dedicated to my girl Cuddy?...YET...he isn't House and the only man for her is again...House. So while I don't hate Lucas, I realize that Lucas is no dummmy. He is going to get sick of competing House even if it isn't obvious that he is, he is. He knows it, Cuddy knows it, House knows it. The hottest heat over the long run comes from the longest burning volcano.
Being a tad crazy over someone for 20 years leaves it's mark.
Think about all that we have been given over the past 5+ seasons.
House got Cuddy's attention, Cuddy chased House, they got together and apparently it was real enough and hot enough that he had already made the decision to find her again and go from there.

While that didn't happen (good for us because of the revelations we have gotten to see)she DID hire him when no one else would. She sure didn't have to and she could have decided he was too much of a headache for her. Instead, she brought him on staff and budgeted extra money for the lawsuits that he would bring with.
Cuddy has even seen him through Stacey and the Cameron dating and drug addiction, near death and killing his best friends girl. I feel her heart has been wounded more times than I can imagine. One of the ones that was the saddest to me was when she asked him to come to Rachel's baby naming ceremony and he didn't. She acted like it didn't matter but it did. The desk, which obviously has been the object of much speculation shows up with apparently a giant amount of meaning for her and then as she goes to thank him (can you even imagine what that would have been like) she sees the same old House with a hooker.

I admit, I feel the most sympathy for Cuddy typically because of her "in love with the bad boy" issue. Cuddy knows she loves the guy and she also knows how dangerous that is. Knowing the consequences is basically a big part of her job. She manages people, things, House and she tries really hard to manage herself.
I truly believe that the extent of House's need for her has never been known to her. She kind of knows, but not really...if that makes sense. She has bailed him out of trouble, given a platform for him to exercise his insane tests and theories, but did she know that all this time he apparently hid a need for her that went far beyond employer/employee.
Also...back to the desk. Why DID he go to the trouble of getting her desk and having it redone and sent to her office? It wasn't a practical joke, it was obviously something that took great care and time in making happen.
House lost his mind in a world of drugs and incomplete mysteries and the greatest mystery is how he can't have a full relationship with the one person other than Wilson who can handle the "Full House".
Here is House, out of the nuthouse, back to work, still the snarky, sarcastic man he has always been. At the same time, he finally tells Cuddy a truth he has kept long hid. He tells her this KNOWING that she might plunge headlong into a relationship when she find out. Instead she has already found a relationship that she thinks she needs. Oddly enough, with one of his few friends.

Will something always be in the way? The writers have managed to do one thing this year that many said could'nt be done. They have taken House from an addicted yet strangely loveable jerk to a battling addiction yet strangely loveable jerk. The core of House remains the same. This is the same guy that can't go tell Cuddy he wants her. Instead he foolishly attempts to break her and her boyfriend up with a fake drunk declaration of love.

What's next?...I guess that is the whole point of the discussion here. It's all speculation. I just know that I give the writers credit for being able to carry us through the whole range of emotions. I believe they could do just about anything. That means, they COULD also have Huddy happen for real this time and yet keep an edge, a lot of insanity and game playing.

Back to the House/Lydia shout out. Maybe if Cuddy learns that there was someone between the Cuddy fantasy and him telling her he was going to come find her, she won't feel like it is just a dellusion to him. He was able to open up to someone else and STILL come back to her....just a thought.

Thanks again bh,db & Bea...you are all great to read and I love your ideas! They make me smile and feel a little hope. ; )

"They have taken House from an addicted yet strangely loveable jerk to a battling addiction yet strangely loveable jerk"

That's the main reason I love this show....the loveble hot jerk in the center of it....besides the Huddy chemistry of course ;) and Hilson without which I would have probabily been just dead XD

Oh Belle you've no idea how conforting all this speculating is....thanks back to you that started this thread which magically dragged us from the main subject to its possible ramifications and consequences....

Nos, serious issue....WHERE THE HELL IS "THE MONDAY"?? :P
Worse yet, I have a meeting on Monday night and will not see House until I come back. This is truly a painful thought.
crying
I just wanted our speculating to make it to page 3 !

Belle, I liked that you reminded us that Lydia, of course - did not know of House's past history. His crazy lunatic ways. A very important point that flows so perfectly with Beatrix's comment:
"Lydia was nothing but a friend who helped him through a difficult time. She could be there for him because sometimes people we barely know are easiest to open up with, without any fears of being judged or hurt."

I reread your Lydia essay Beatrix..and just wanted you to know how beautifully you communicated your points. Amazing really, and not in your mother-tongue as you would say. At the very least, this hobby of ours is polishing up our writing skills & now Belle is on to a new fic. Can't wait!

ONE more thing Beatrix. I MUST tell you how much I loved this part that you wrote..."I would never forget House's look in the mirror "the morning after": the tiny, crooked smile depicted on his lips at the thought of the flavor of Cuddy's kisses, bruising the lipstick on the corner of his mouth....I would never forget the sparkling in his eyes the morning he showed up at work sort of humming, causing his team to exchange alarmed glances...." so sad, I cry myself to sleep now.

Belle, don't forget to tape the show Monday..NOT !
BlueHue! :D
I can't tell you how much I appreciate you telling me my writing doesn't suck for a mother tongue :P....I try so hard to put my thoughts in plain words, the best I can have in return is you guys telling me my phrasing actually makes sense XD

Besides I must tell you, on to the writing skills, if there are books which really helped me a lot and provided me with a more "evocative" way of writing that are Stephayt Meyer's (I am not showing off :p...I just mean, as you made me read my comment once more, I noticed now I can use words like crooked, depict and bruise all together in a complete and concluded entity, longer than one line :P )
I know for a mother tongue maybe the books of the Twilight Saga are quite simple and nothing special at all but, compared to other writers, she tend to choos a more varied and interesting range of words....nothing special of course but still those books for a foreign speaker, if you pay enough attention, are a real training! ;)

Of course if you are polishing up, I am still literally building up XD But you know I stopped attending afternoon English classes because I noticed I can improve better spending time around here rather than writing stupid short analysis above random texts without any value at all? XD

Anyway this was just to get to page 3 :P

@Belle don't be upset! We'll be watching it together XD Well....at least at the same time XD I had to wait 'till morning 'cause of the jat-leg so I guess we'll be both be behind on the post-ep :) I hate that but I can't get the ep before 3 in the morning, and as much as I love House, that sounds too much of a nerdish thing even to me ;)
een jaar geleden HuddyJoy0524 said…
wink
You guys are AWESOME. :) I just read through both pages and had such a fun time seeing what you had to say and all of your speculations about the show, Huddy, Lydia, Lucas, etc. I think you all make excellent points and if it was my decision I would have you 4 put in charge of the show! :p
wink
I don't know about the others.... I would probably need a well updated dictionary to go through a BlueHue's script :P

I would surely put Belle in charge ;) Have you read her Huddy fanfic? I strongly recommend you that...she has a pretty awesome style ;)

Guys!!!! Tomorrow is jan11th!!!! Can't wait!! :D
smile
I have not! what is it called?

I am so excited! It's been wayyyyy too long of a wait!
Oh I wrote one, but I have been toying with a Huli one and I am also thinking about a Huddy one. I just have to get my end results thought out.
Bea is a totally SWEETIE!
Thank you!
Normal is overrated. It was her first attempt, right sweetie? ;) But it was awesome....a masterpiece!!! XD
I can still see me smiling wide at the thought...:)

Eheh! Another reply two of us posted simultaneously...I start wondering whether with post had affected our mind causing them to be tuned up with each other XD....the miracles of the Huddy frenzie ;)
Yes, my first ever is Normal's Overrated. It was a little experiment. I am really freaky about writing because I get super picky, but it is a fun diversion.
My fellow huddies, great ideas and inputs, all of you. I agree with pretty much everything that was said here: Lydia’s role was therapeutic (and the fact that she was a stranger was of help, Beatrix, indeed) and Lucas’s role is also therapeutic, in the sense that Cuddy did need self-esteem therapy, and we all hope he will be a bridge to Huddy, in the sense that she will be more capable to deal with a real relationship in the future.
I think you are all right. I have thought these same things for quite some time, I believe that these are the writers’ intentions. But what I really feel is that all this was not really needed. I think the writers searched for ways to delay the Huddy climax and drag things along, because in the strict subject of their relationship, all this was not really necessary. It did not make sense to me, it did not feel right, and it still doesn’t.
Perhaps I am a dreamer, perhaps my view on love is too romantic and too traditional to fit the “Housian” ways. But I believe that love such as theirs should conquer all. I believe that people who love each other like that should grow together and learn together and heal each other when necessary. I believe that love like that does have “magical” powers like the phoenix tears: it can heal anything, it can overcome anything. At least it should… Here is what I think would have been the natural way (the way that made sense to me) for things to happen after “Both Sides Now”:

I thought that, after House’s departure to Mayfield, Cuddy would be heart broken, confused and worried (which she was, the expression on her face and her tears at the Chase&Cameron wedding speak for themselves). And also enlightened – her own reactions and feelings should have made her realize the true nature of her feelings for him, despite the back and forth games they had played all year(s). It would be a moment of complete truth for her, in which she would have to admit to herself how much she cares about House and what he means to her. And she would have searched for answers in the only source she had – Wilson. It makes no sense to me that Wilson seems to have forgotten everything he knew about House’s feelings until far along in season 6. It seems unbelievable that no reference whatsoever is made to what Wilson told Cuddy – I cannot believe that they did not talk about it at all in the weeks House was in Mayfield… I know Wilson was bewildered and worried and sad, but still... How in heaven's name could he have forgotten to mention a little something like House's answer to "What is your story? Do you want to be the man with the answers or do you want to be the man with Cuddy?". HOW COULD HE NOT TELL HER THAT??????
And so I thought Wilson would tell her the truth of what he knew, and I thought that she would understand, and I thought that she could not wait to run to him as soon as possible, fight for him, call Mayfield a thousand times a day...
I also thought that when House decided to get better and finally talk to doctor Nolan, Lisa would come up in the conversation. And I thought that either Nolan would call her to come and visit, because he knew how important she was to him, or that House would get visiting rights at some point and she would come on her own. And yes, he was ashamed and hurt and he would have probably rejected her in the beginning. But she had the power for once - if she knew the truth from Wilson, she would have had the power to stop him from hiding and playing games - remember when he dropped the knife in "Epic Fail" after she said that she would miss him? The look of surprise and amasement on his face, like he could not believe that he could be so blessed? Can you imagine how he would have reacted if, in the midst of his pain and regret at Mayfield, Lisa would show up and offer him forgiveness, redemption and affection?

I believed that she would be the one to gently and slowly help him get better. She would be the one who would open the perspective of a new life for him. That they would gradually and tenderly get to know each other all over again, their true selves, for the first time. That they could heal each other. EACH OTHER, their love could heal them, without needing Lydia and Lucas at all. Without needing anything at all, except each other. That we could get to see their love and their need of each other, in the context of supreme vulnerability, that we could see Lisa’s tenderness and understanding, Lisa’s humor and wisdom, Lisa’s kindness and warmth healing him, bringing him back to life. Lisa’s, not Lydia’s!!!! That we could see House finally opening up to her, trusting her fully, learning to make her feel comfortable, learning to show her that he cares. House healing her, House teaching her to love and hope and trust and give in. House, not Lucas!!!!!!

So you see, NO, I do not like the idea of Lydia and Lucas. I do not like the fact that these unbelievable lovers (House and Cuddy, I mean) needed someone else except each other to help them heal and teach them to love and trust. I hate the idea that fear was stronger than love every time. I hate the idea that all those meaningful experiences were not with each other. I HATE- HATE- HATE the idea that Lydia was the one to bring tears to his eyes when they made love – anything that intense, anything that emotional, anything that great should have been with Lisa! I hate the fact that Lucas is the one we see Lisa getting all playful and relaxed with. That’s not fair! It’s not fair, because love of such depth and magnitude should triumph on its own! It's not fair to be forced to watch such a beautiful couple, such an intense romance failing, again and again, because of fear and bad timing. Perhaps my vision does not fit the “House” way, perhaps it’s not even how reality works in most cases, but sometimes reality and "House" writers ARE wrong.
wink
OK Delia, here's what I think point by point following your analysis....I failed on the Lydia issue, 'cause I can see you strongly feel differently XD...so I am not gonna push that further :P

First I must sadly agree that maybe you're too romantic for the Hausian ways as you admit ;) House has its own unique style and it tends to break all the patterns, so we usually need to think in different terms in order to understand writers' choices and enjoy the show...Besides, as sad as it may sound, it's just business for them hon: they are selling their product...they MUST prolong things further as long as they can, 'cause it's what they do in order to make their living :)

Back to our Hausian world instead, I believe you're sort of making up your own Huddy history....The behaviour you had imagined Cuddy would have assumed doens't fit her character and besides, even if it would, it wouldn't fit the situation on my mind.

She has a history of low-self-esteem as you have said she has compensated working hard all life in order to achieve a position she could feel confortable with. We have seen her behaving pretty differently throughout these five seasons if you think of it...
In season 1 she looked like a strong single working woman, able to cope with her worst emploee, anwering him in kind when necessary....she looked wonderful, proud of herslef, confident and we know House found her compelling and intriguing even if he never gave too much away...
To make a long story short, along with the villain in turn showing up came the gradual disclosal of Cuddy's true personality and weeknesses....thanks to House and Wilson insightful comments we have started knowing her better...her past, her hopes, her fears and her greatest weekness: House ;)
She would have throw herself in the fire to save his job, that's a fact. But she never did that consciously...it was like everytime she tried as hard as she could to not be involved with him, and everytime she happened to be fatidically dragged into his mess....So she gave up on Vougler's money and perjured herself in court, just for him. Was that just friedship? Of course not, Wilson himself sold him to Tritter as soon as he forseen the possibility to have back his life and money....Did she knew deep inside the reason she kept on compromising herslef was the fact she found the idea of him leaving the hospital strangerly painful and unbearable? I don't think so.

So in season 5, after like 5 years of this emotional routine and after Amber's death, we found this woman who finally decides to move on with her life. Something is missing...she knows that...what she doens't get it's that the only reason she craved to bring a child in her life for, was not her maternal instict but the feeling she needed "something" more she was not ready to admit....It's like she decided to move on taking a path she was confortable enough with....no risks, no harm.

After Joy it's like the strong, confindent, sexy woman we have known all along, has suddenly disappeared. We get to grips basically with a couple of teenagers...flirting and playing enlessly hide and seek. She looks fragil, eager for another physical contact with him...she is suffering, strugling internally with her feelings and the awareness he would never make her happy....in the meanwhile she is trying hard to hide it from him and she is just eating herself up...

Now it seems pretty clear to me she is quite screwed up too....As much as House maybe, so how on earth could a woman like her have the lucidity to look into her heart, find the answer she is looking for and then behave according to her true feelings? Sorry, can't happen :p You're pojecting yourself on her...and I believe you would write a wonderful romance...( ever tried fanfic? ;) )

Besides sometimes when you have been suffering for someone for what seems like an eternity you just give up at some point....trying to live a normal life with normal people....turn the page, be happy or less miserable. It's a psycological reacion.....you try to change sth even if you know deep inside your heart it won't last...it's like you need a break or something....but you know you'll come along eventually. It's just a matter of time of course, but you persist....I did it myself and it's more common than you think :P

On to Wilson, if I were him, I would never take responsability of telling Cuddy something I was not even sure House really meant....he had a medical condition at the time and he was not exactly reliable...besides it's their bussiness....he can say sth but it's up to them to be able to comunicate with each other....he can't pass their feelings along....They will have to learn to be open with each other, those two coward moron :P

The romance you immagined between House and Cuddy it's not....House and Cuddy....and their love...well....I don't know. I don't see them as soul mates, 'cause this concept it's too far from the Housian unsiverse...and mine too BTW ;) But you don't have necesarry to take all the romance out of it, just because their love isn't a fairy tale one which can conquer it all...

I believe there are people who really fit each other: those can be really happy together....maybe it won't be crazy passionate sex but their life together can really work out and they can have easily the happiness they deserve, 'cause they can understand each other and basically be there at every step they take. Sometimes those people, as you said, grown up together...have the fortune to share a whole life, both as friends and as lovers...they are mature people who have found their path and the person they want to share it with no matter what. They are rational and passionate ate the same time...but basically the have chosen each other.

Then there are those people who are like planets orbiting one another elliptically...there are times they are far away from each other, living their lives by themsleves, unable to feel each other's feelings because they're too scary they are gonna loose control if they let themselves get involved. They had struggled all life to achieve their indipendence, bulding up a shell which could hide them from the world....but then some sort of mysterious kind of attraction, a force which tends to get stonger and stronger as years go by, drags the planets so close they can easily touch...it's just a sec among the thousands of minutes they spend apart but it changes them forever...everytime the planets get in touch it's like the force gets stonger untill it will break the circle, 'causing them to collide.

This is how I see Huddy's love. Not mature. Not rational. Not a fairy-tale one. Just two people whom life has pushed misteriously one towards the other: everytime they try to resist to that force, they end up even more eager to flavor some more drop of that honey in the cup Doris Egan was talking about in her article last time.

Come on...you can't honeslty think you're more romantic than me, can you? I am definetely much more sugary :P Once again I hope I didn't bor you with my babbling :)

wink
HOLY HUDDY ! The "Spec" Crew is hard at work. Mighty impressive.
As Mayfied's one & only House roomie Alvi rapped....
"The wheels are turning...the butter is churning !"

In that same spirit, I also wanted to give a shout out to our newest fan
(victim) Hud-Joy "sucked into the vortex of Huddy insanity," BTW, THX
to her for "awesome-ing" us, & jumping in. Come back & visit.
I think our motto is...."Express Your Huddy Self !"

Well, personally I would love to stay and play, but, darn it, duty calls.
I will definately get back on line to address D-B's "Huddy Manifesto,"
Bea's follow up, something for Belle too. I have a FEW NEW ideas to share.

Meanwhile - take care of moonchild, she's got it bad.

smile
Why thank you bluehue! :) No problem i love to hear speculations from all of you i just dont think i can express myself as well! haha

Beatrix i love the way you described Huddy-like they are 2 planets orbiting one another...its perfect! it makes so much sense to me!

Is Normal's Overrated on this website or on fanfiction.net? I definitely want to read it! :D
big smile
Thanks Hud-Joy! The fanfic is in this spot I think, just go to Belle's page ;)

LOL Bluhue, I just love your shorts but sharp comments ;)
Can't wait to read your ideas Bluehue :D Yesterday Belle shared with me a pretty interesting thought but she is not showing up today so I guess she is drowing in work :( She herslef will tell you that if she likes to....don't want to spoil her the priviledge....the girl's pretty smart ;)
Beatrix, darling, i don't have the time for more right now, but please check the Michael Weston ("Lucas") interview down below. He makes a lot of good points, which are similar to your position. By the way, i think you have a lot of good points, but there are two things i feel pretty strong about and my view is different than yours:
1. i don't think that Lisa's decision to move on with her life was made after House went to Mayfield. I think it was made after he came back. The scene in "Epic Fail" (which i saw was a favourite of yours too, very powerful, very telling scene) showed that she was still the one who was capable to reach out her hand. I think she waited for him to come back and clear things up and talk about it and find out the truth, but he pushed her away so strongly with the resignation and the general "nothing to talk about" behaviour, that she finally felt like it was clearly the time to give up and move on. Also, in "Teamwork", Lucas suggests that they haven't been together for long - i think they started dating after House returned and he made Cuddy think that she had misunderstood completely, that there was nothing there and that she had to move on and stop feeling like an idiot all the time...
2. Wilson had interfered in their relationship all the time. Wilson spent a lot of time trying to pass messages from one to the other, trying to set them up, trying to push them towards the other. Wilson had been aware of House's interest in Cuddy (and viceversa) for perhaps longer than House and Cuddy themselves. I don't find it plausible that Wilson might have wondered whether it was the illness speaking, in BSN. He knew well enough that this thing had been going on for a long time. However, perhaps he avoided telling her everything, perhaps he only explained a part of what he knew. This is more plausible, since he must have been dead worried for House and very protective of Cuddy, with everything she had been through, and he didn't want to give her false hope until House got out and they could know if he made a full recovery.
I have a distinct feeling that the dice were thrown in "Epic Fail", not in "Both Sides Now". In E.F., she was still trying, she was still reaching out, she was still showing him interest and care. She came after him, she asked for the truth, she stated her feelings ("i'm gonna miss you", and her expression was saying much more than the words...). But he said nothing, he tried to leave, he pretended it meant nothing, she meant nothing... That must have been so painful for her...
wink
If I may just jump in (I hope you dont mind DB :) i wanted to reply to what you said.

I completely agree with what you said on the Wilson thing in almost every way. He loves House and Cuddy so much and when you said "dead worried for House and protective of Cuddy" i think that explains it perfectly. He wants them both to be happy and no matter how hard he tries it always seems like one of them is miserable while the other is happy. i think that he suffers when they do too and is very attuned to both of their feelings. thats why i love the three of them. all three of them completely understand one another.

i think youre right that Cuddy was reaching out in EF but i think she was already with Lucas by then. i think she decided to move on after BSN but before EF. i think that her reaching out was as a friend and she didnt think that House still had real feelings for her. i think she just thought it was a flirtation thing and didnt think that he needed to know about lucas. but then in known unknowns she finds out that house intended to call her back at Michigan meaning that all this time he DID really care about her and DID really love her. and i think that freaked her out and thats why she left in the middle of the dance. and thats why she's acting the way she is now. she realizes how house is feeling and is trying to deal with that confusion and guilt she didnt expect house to have changed as much as he did or come back ready for a relationship. she doesnt want to give up lucas because if she leaves lucas for house and house fails her just 1 more time...she doesnt want the risk. so i think that she went to lucas after both sides now but before epic fail. what im hoping is that she will leave lucas and take the risk...i think that house is ready again.