The Heroes of Olympus meaning's of the prophesies

kristalovepercy posted on Apr 06, 2012 at 01:31AM
So, we all know that prophesies can be hard to predict. But some people have great ideas on what they might mean. This is the place where you can post those idea and share them with others.

RULES
1. please keep cussing to a minimum.
2. no idea is a bad idea, so please no putting others down.
3. NO SPAM.

so say what prophesy your talking about, and then say your idea.

~Krista~
last edited on Apr 06, 2012 at 01:35AM

The Heroes of Olympus 13 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden kristalovepercy said…
so mine is about the great prophesy

"Swear you will do your best to keep Percy from danger, " he insisted.(Chiron) "Swear upon the River Styx. "

"I-I swear it upon the River Styx, " Annabeth said.

do you remember that from the sea of monsters? now think about the prophecy...

"an oath to keep with a final breath"

I think that these are connected, what do you think? please give me feed back thanks :)
een jaar geleden owlgrl99 said…
big smile
amazing how much that actually makes sense...

I've thought of something too about HoO great prophecy!!!

maybe Wisdom's daughter walks alone means that Annabeth isn't going to be one of the seven (I hope she is but this is a possibility)

last edited een jaar geleden
^that is a possibility...what if she declines the quest??
last edited een jaar geleden
een jaar geleden trivia101 said…
big smile
I know that is so cool! I never really thought about that krista!^^^ so ya I thought that annabeth won't be one of the seven so ya
een jaar geleden icuSTALKER said…
With 'wisdom's daughter walks alone', it could mean (in a way, if you really think about it) that she could die. Her life ended and now she has to walk through hades with her soul the rest of the time. Idk I found the prophecy confusing ^_^
^ that is also true.
een jaar geleden percy4forever said…
Okay, going off of what you said about oath's made in PJO:
Thalia made an oath as a Huntress. Maybe she'll die in battle?
The one you said :P.
The oath where the gods have to claim their children by 13... They already broke that oath, though...
Any other oaths?
^ idk, Im still looking...
een jaar geleden KatieWordweaver said…
hmmm
My prediction:
Wisdoms daughter walks alone
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome~

This is most likely connected to both Prophecy of Seven and Annabeth. Wisdoms daughter is probably Annabeth because it wouldn't make any sense to bring in a new character. If someone can do some searching and see if Athena had any godly creations (a daughter maybe?). I know it doesn't make sense because Athena is a virgin goddess. But hey? Who says Athena can't make godly children with her mind too?

Now for the second line of the prophecy. The mark of Athena could refer to several things-
1. Daedleus(sp?) comes back through the Doors of Death, his brand could be considered a 'mark of Athena'. And he brings back Festus's soul to (Festus defiantly has a soul,) and rains fire down on Rome… Okay that was a lame idea.

2. Rage of Athena, Annabeth is killed because the Romans don't trust her and Athena gets angry and blows up New Rome? (also bad idea)

3. Annabeth is cursed (like Walt in KC) with the Mark of Athena and get a certain power from this 'curse' which she has to use to save olympus. Back to the first line though, walking alone may mean that she dies (no RR please don't! D:)

4.Or Nico has something to do with it. Lets say the Mark of Athena is a blessing of immense proportions. Nico is Italian, Italy was the heart of Rome, do the math.

But overall, I think that the Prophecy of Seven is most certainly connected with Ella's prophecy. Maybe Annabeth becomes cursed because she breaks her promise to keep Percy safe? Or maybe another promise we don't know about. Or perhaps Thalia ends up with Leo breaking her Oath of a huntress? JK JK, Thalia will NEVER end up with Leo, it just won't happen.

If you have any more Ideas please tell me.
^nice predictions! I hope that some of those get put in the book!
een jaar geleden KatieWordweaver said…
big smile
BREAKTHROUGH!!! I was just re-reading The Lightning Thief and Luke said that Chiron already knew Annabeth's fate and he wouldn't tell her all of it… Maybe Ella's prophecy is part of what Chiron knew. After all, those are only two lines of the prophecy.
^your right!
een jaar geleden owlgrl99 said…
"Annabeth wished she could pray to her mother for help, but now that was impossible. Not this last month since she’d had a horrible encounter with her mom and had gotten the worst present of her life." this is from the first chapter of the Mark of Athena that Rick read at the Serpent's Shadow tour but it mentions Annabeth getting the worst present of her life from her mom, Athena so I'm thinking that this present is just maybe the mark of Athena?????

"Wisdoms daughter walks alone the Mark of Athena burns through Rome" i still have no clue as to what the other parts mean but i am pretty sure that the mark is waht is mentioned in the first chapter