A.T.S.O.F Rating Soapboxes

amazondebs posted on Mar 02, 2008 at 02:03AM
i was just wondering, what you rate soapboxes on
as i have noticed something interesting, what i would consider some of my better soapboxes have low ratings compared to some soapboxes that barley took me 15 minutes, i think this is because a lot of people rate them on weather they agree with them or not

personally when rating a soapbox, i look at the length, what research has been done, how easy it is to understand, how well it is laid out with the pictures and how the opinion is expressed, originality, humor and how much effort has gone in to it

even if i disagree to a point of serious anger with their view, i don't let it affect how i rate it

just wondering how you guys think soapboxes should be rated, or if you have a particular system for it, like a lot of people did for picks?

A.T.S.O.F 6 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden nosemuffin said…
I tend to be most lenient when rating soapboxes. 90% of the time, they are the things that the most effort has gone into. Whether or not I agree with them is not a factor, especially if their argument is solid. I look at all of the things that you listed, although pictures are not really a requirement for me to rate something well.

The two most important things to me is that 1)there's an obvious effort made on the authors part. And 2)That it's a proper soapbox. Meaning that it shouldn't be a simple forum post or something like that instead.
een jaar geleden ineedcoffee said…
When I rate soapboxes I look at the length of the piece, and whether they are stating their position clearly so that the average reader can understand, of course it must pertain to the spot it is posted in.
I am not a Grammar Nazi so that doesn't factor in in my ratings. It just has to be either informative or entertaining you can add pictures if you like but I have read some great soapboxes without pics.
The ones I tend to rate low are the ones that look like they could be a forum thread.
Nothing great to say and not very much put into it.
You can tell when some one has taken more than 5 minutes to put some thought in to a soapbox.
een jaar geleden dazl said…
I rate them based on the amount of pictures of bananas in them.
een jaar geleden amazondebs said…
i won't rate something low because it has no pictures but say if the article itself is a four yet they have put on some good pics with funny captions then i might give them a 5
een jaar geleden Cinders said…
I think dazl's system is more than fair.
een jaar geleden amazondebs said…
right i'm off to write a soapbox about bananas