A.T.S.O.F Quality Content That u Happen To Disagree With?

Cinders posted on Jun 22, 2008 at 09:26PM
In the debate spot (and I've noticed in the 2008 US Election spot as well), folks are rating content based on whether or not they agree with the message, not on the quality of the content.

I'm wondering-- if an image has a proper credit, and plenty of appropriate key words, and is a good quality image, but it happens to display a message you don't agree with... Would you one-star it?

I'm not saying you'd FIVE star it either. Unless I find something particularly offensive, though, I rate it accordingly.

For example: link was rated a two with no explanation. Does it require more key words? Is the discussion it links to not up to scratch? Or does it just express an opinion that someone didn't agree with?

It's an interesting story, to me, whether you agree with it or not.

This isn't the only instance, but it's a good example.

What do you guys think?

A.T.S.O.F 4 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden germany123 said…
i notice that when someone has an "unpopular" opinion the rating is normally very low.thats why when rating "controversial" articles or images i usually put my rating in the comment. e.g.
I dont agree with you but i gave this 4* because you make a good point and its well written or something along those lines.
for one thing..i want to make sure the person who posted it knows that i didnt give it a "petty" one and i hope that others read it and maybe differentiate as well.
een jaar geleden kateliness2 said…
On the debate spot, I rarely rate items lower than a 5 because everything is of good quality and usually there is proper credit and keywords.

If one of the above is missing, the rating of course will go down.

But I have noticed what you've noticed. If the majority of people disagree with the content, there is usually a low rating.
een jaar geleden ineedcoffee said…
yes I have noticed that to but I personally don't rate that way, if it has proper credit and keywords and the link works fine then I rate it accordingly.
een jaar geleden hooch-is-crazy said…
I've noticed that too, every peice of content on the simpsons vs family guy spot I add where a conclusion is made over which show is better gets a low rating, and looking at the debate spot now I see a lot of quality content rated under 3.