Audiobooks Favoriete Audiobooks?

harold posted on Jul 26, 2007 at 05:47AM
So, I thought I'd start a topic in this forum for fans to recommend audiobooks that they really loved. For me, an audiobook has to be well-read; the quality of the source material is a much lower criterion than that...though of course it helps if both the reading and the book itself are great!

So, off the top of my head, I'd recommend the audiobook of Terry Pratchett's The Thief of Time - it was brilliantly read, one of those audiobooks that is so engaging it's almost not an audiobook anymore but rather a radio drama...

Audiobooks 7 antwoorden

Click here to write a response...
een jaar geleden michael said…
I haven't been pleased with the few Pratchett audiobooks I've listened to, but I haven't heard Thief of Time in audio format (read that in hardback). So far, I've been most impressed with the production of His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass read by Philip Pullman and a full cast. I also really liked the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the whole series) read by Douglas Adams (there's another version read by a voice actor that isn't as good).
een jaar geleden DrDevience said…
If you like Pratchett, pick up a copy of Neil Gaiman's "Two Plays for Voices." Seriously warped stuff... not for the faint of heart, but extremely fun ;)
een jaar geleden aceofspader said…
Yeah, I agree with michael, The Guide is really good read by Stephan Fry, although I've only heard the first one in the series.
een jaar geleden BellaLady said…
I am enjoying Doctor Who audio books and am going to try Agatha Christie! The Doctor Whos's are narrated and the Agatha one is a cast. Will be interested to see how it feels different, i think most audio books seem to be narrated rather than cast though.
een jaar geleden Syfka said…
The Murcy Thompson audio books where some of my fav. and Wild Ride was funny.

I can't stand audio's where the girls sound like guys and the guys sound like girls, it's like a pet peve or something. If I can't tell a charaters gender by voice, it almost ruins the audio I think. Not to say that it curtenly makes it easy to get confused.
een jaar geleden axemnas said…
cool
A series of Unfortunate events read by Tim Curry is entertaining as well as The Outsiders by S.E.Hinton, The Giver, Night and Tangerine are good i can't remember who read them but it sounded like the same person.
The Dramatization of Victor Hugo's the hunchback of Notre dame was great but i can't say whether i got the full book the version i got.
Maximum ride the angel experiment by James Patterson is read quite well i didn't like who they switched to in the sequels but their good too highly recommend most of his books
Shutter island by Dennis Lehane is what i'm reading currently it is great so far i highly recommend this one its got great comic releaf and if you liked the movie i guarantee you'll love the book
 A series of Unfortunate events read door Tim kerrie is entertaining as well as The Outsiders door S.E.Hint
een jaar geleden blackmage said…
Twilight Saga (Books 1-4) by Stephenie Meyer. At the core of it, Twilight is a story of forbidden love. The story then goes around Bella, a very self sacrificing girl with an inclination of getting into dangerous events plus not to mention her clumsiness.

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. This piece here is a never-ending fun adult type of book. It revolves around a middle-management schmo, whom they nicknamed Fat Charlie by his dad, has been drudging through his oh-so-boring life at work and lifeless love life (having a virgin fiancee).

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. A wonderful book having death itself as the main star.

Choose one from our collection of link and go through our link.